Challenge to Sgt "Somethingsdraggin"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jan 8, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sgt Joey. I like ya lad. A man 3 times bigger than me and only half as good looking. We've kibitzed back and forth over the ether. Poked at one another in a brotherly sort of way.

But this is serious now Joey. I realize you distribute bombs to the needy enemies of our country. Fuses primed and good to go. But this is real serous. I ain't gonna ask another marine to this. The other marines I know on here are out of action or just got home with their wives, so they are not in the "killing" mood just now.

Joey, I have met your Missus over the internet. Jolene, That Irish-Italian lady that can outfight you any day of the week. Here's the challenge.

I must admit I am on other forums. The only one being a Recipe Club.
    Don't laugh, you ought to see some of the women who send me recipes. I was taking my apron off a couple of hours ago when a new recipe came across the screen from one of my buddies. I didn't open the e-mail. I have no idea what it is like. I don't have the guts to open it. I ain't gonna open the e-mail unless you accept this challenge. I figure Jolene, can do something fantastic with this recipe. What I want you to do is go upstairs and get one of those commissioned officers you suck up to to come over for dinner. Let's see, probably a Lieutenant. Yes a Lieutenant. Tell him your wife is an excellent Italian cook and she is making her specialty. You know Lieutenants. They will actually use a hankie in their laps thinking some General might be watching them. Have Jolene feed him this meal and let me know his reaction. If a Lieutenant will eat this and like it then I will try it.

This recipe I have not opened will probably be a big hit in the South. It will rank right up there with Quiche and ham gravy. I can see these catfish killers asking their wives to make it for their boat outing. They will probably even eat this in New Jersey.

Joey, this recipe I have not opened is entitled "Tofu Parmigiana" Have Jolene swallow hard and make that Lieutenant happy. This could be your career Joey.

Any of you other hardy souls out there want to try this, let us know. Joey is the one to ask.

Postbeetle

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    no thanks. i had my fill of dumb leuy's. the only thing i fed them was blood,sweat, and disgruntlment. its all you joey.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    mr.john i always jump on any thing that you post cause most times you either make me use my brain or i laugh like crazy.this time you have crossed the line.the folks on here post pictures of fish and game that they kill and eat now i know that we have a few who have pics.of their garden of some flowers in their avator and they might be tempted.i also know that peta and the humanics have a few lurkers round here but they aint gonna comment and give themselves away so my friend i think you have hit a snag.

4. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Good gosh....

Thought I might do it for the hubby... but smothering a wad of soybean curd/mush with a good sketti sauce and then throwing some noodles on the side, just don't sound too good to me.....

Let's get with some grits and okra! :big_smile:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tou..... Whaaaaaaaaaaaa Now John aint NO red blooded american Carnivor ever et that crap:crazy:

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    John turn the GPS feature off on yers and the missis cell phones.......finally quit laughing long enough to think it thru. On the bright side Joey doesn't have a forward observer.
    LT's always liked me. It was where I learned an officer and a gentleman craps his pants just like the rest of us, but with much less fanfare. But you good buddy, got the fan blowing this time for sure.
    :smile2:

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jeeze, I got Mr Pits mad at me. I think I will go over to HI where it is safe.

I opened that recipe just to see what Jolene might have to deal with. It calls for 2 lbs of "firm" Tofu. Sliced thin and cooked.

Now there is something sick about that .. I am all for health and nutrition, even if I ain't a Democrat. Just what is wrong with veal or pounded out chicken? It really does sound like something a Lieutenant might eat. I wonder how many soybeans they had to kill to get 2 lbs of Tofu. Probably better call PETA.

Sorry if I offended you Mr Pits.

John.

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I don't know much about lieutenants PB, but I'm with Laura. Give me some grits and okra. Don't you come over here to NC beggin' for some of 'em either, even if Nancy sees that recipe including tofu...... and serves it to ya for supper. I've tried it, but it sure ain't anything I want to eat again. (Oh, I'm sorry....you're the doctor AND the cook in the family, so you might know better :cool2:.)

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Beetle I ams wanderin about yer well being.....You go ticken off marines as a habbit? Not all of them are to smart unless they killin sumpin and I am not I repeat NOT sayin this is the case but something tells. me yer tryin to lead that boy an his woman astray and I am sure since it is you he is on his toes but dang BEETMAN you gotta take it easy buddy...... That boy aint right either he blows things up fer a livin and I think he loves it......watch what yer diong:wink::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::wink:
    What is that to-fu junk anyway,you mention peta and beans I know I aint eating it:cool2:?

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Mr postbeetle, i have always read your post with pleasure. even though 1/2 the time you sound off your rocker, i still respected you. but after this, underhanded attempt to damage a marine with his wife with TU FU, i will have to take action. i will come to joeys rescue. i live a few miles from his house and will leave immediantly (or soon as i get back from fishing today) and try and stop him from doing anything so crazy.
    i will try now to stop shaking my head in disbelief so hard so i can hook up boat.
    gary

11. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yes, my condolences PostMortemBeetle. You have indeed crossed the line on this one.

It is just NOT RIGHT to even mention bean curd on The Catfish Forum Central.

Then you proceed to issue a challenge to the founder and leader of this fine community to consume such stuff. You know that he snacks on raw red meat--nice break from the normal bolts and bullets diet.

Of course, you add insult to injury to even suggest that we Southerners (selah), would waste perfectly good red-eye gravy on that yankee quiche! We all know that real men don't eat that stuff!

I will pray for your soul, brother...sad way to start the New Year I tell ya!
    :tounge_out::wink:

12. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Dear Mr. Bettle. It has come to my attention that you have challenged me to do something that not many others would even think about, much less attempt. I have not been in a while, but i will make up for that. I have eaten Tofu many times, having spent 2 years stationed in Japan and visiting other countries that serve it, and i find the flavor and texture not the best, but it beats MRE's any day of the week. Thank you everyone for coming to my defense. It is nice to know i have frineds here. And to you Mr Bettle, Sir, I accept your challenge if you will accept one of mine. Before i give you this challenge i will let you know i will be scary, will be ugly, most definately dangerous, and more than likely deadly. Are you willing to undertake this challenge? An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, one good turn deserves another and all of that jazz. i await you reply, Sir. And i would not invite a Zero over to my house to partake in dining with my family if my life depended on it. I have no use for 2nd LT, who are basically a college educated PFC in my book. If you will accept my challenge i will even take pictures of the process of partaking in this unorthodox, yet seemingly easy request.

13. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My bad. I misspoke with respect to the injured party here. I can't seem to tell "Joey" from "Paul." :embarassed:

You are quite gracious, Seargent, sir, to compare bland bean curd to MRE's. In light of MRE's, I believe that I would prefer the bolts and bullets! :crazy:

14. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i think you should just get the coordinates to his house, load up a plane with combo of been curds and dead carp, and do a drop on his place. :big_smile_2:
    gary

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sgt, Sir! Just got back from a detail and read the duty roster . Right now I am on KP, got to make a pineapple upside down cake and put a ham in the oven. Duty calls. I shall return.

I then shall stand at attention as you deliver my orders. There is nothing I would not do for the Corp as long as my insurance goes to the proper people.

Ogga Ogga, Humph Or is that hump.

16. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    Mr Beetle, Sir, are welcome to comment as soon as your current duty status has changed. As soon as you proceed to finish with the ham and cake, you are to hereby report to me at once, where-upon you are to recieve your orders (albeit) challenge from myself. and dont worry it is not latrine duty, i wouldnt let you get off that easy after the Tofu challenge. not until after i have ingested and digested the aforementioned Tofu. i shall await your return. if i do not at once respond, i have to go to the armory and draw my rifle and inspect it. do not worry, i am not coming after you. i have the rifle range next week and i need to ensure that my weapon is in proper working order.

17. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    treat 0's like mushrooms. keep them in the dark and feed them plenty of crap. john i dont know what he's got planned for you, but i know the proper nco leadership involves an extreme imagination for pain and discomfort.

enjoy.

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sgt Sir!

The ham in the oven
    The taters gonna bake
    Veggies have died and are awaitin'
    Sour creamed, creamed. Butter a churnin'
    Upside down cake ready to get turned inside out.
    A beer (s) ready to die in vain.

When Mama gets home from the Salt Mines dinner shall be servable.

So Sgt, while you eat sushi on a toothpick, ToFu cupcakes from a dainty plate and drink a quart of Saki I await your orders. Sir!

I who am about to die salute you.

19. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    Mr. Postbeetle, Sir. i see that you have returned to face the music. Good man. Now for your challenge. as i said before i will be dangerous, it may be deadly. can not substitue any of the ingridents or leave any out.
    Spiced Fish Soup

by Daniel Rogov

3 Tbsp. olive oil
    1/4 kg. onion, chopped coarsely
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1/4 kg. tomatoes, grated
    1/2 tsp. salt
    black pepper to taste
    1/2 kg. gray mullet fillets
    1/2 kg. heads of gray mullets
    1/4 kg. each whole small red mullets and sea bream, cleaned
    Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet, and saute the onions until well browned. Add the garlic, grated tomatoes and salt and saute for l5 minutes longer, stirring regularly. Add 4 cups of water to this mixture and bring to a boil.
    Place the fish in a large kettle and pour the boiling mixture over. Sprinkle again with salt and black pepper to taste and cook gently for 45 minutes, skimming occasionally. Correct the seasoning and strain before serving. Whatever fish pieces that remain whole may be served with the soup.
    Serves 6.

along with
    Recipe: Eggplant and Laban (Yogurt) 1 medium eggplant, about 1 pound
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup plain yogurt 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
    4 cloves garlic, crushed
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    Peel eggplant, then cut in half and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices lengthwise. Place on a platter and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and set aside.
    Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry eggplant until they turn lightly golden, adding more oil if necessary. Drain on paper-towels, then arrange on serving platter.
    Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients, including remaining salt, then pour evenly over eggplant slices and serve.

now polish it all down with a nice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon or Bulls Ice 800. Are you up to it? I wait patiently for your reply.

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Joey I knew you didnt need me but I am real worried bout Beetman here you take it easy on him will you? WE need him around here even though sometimes I wander:wink: The man just aint right but he is our man:wink:!
    I have no clue what he is thinkin tryin to tackle some young marine heck he might as well be messin with a rabbid grizzly his chances are better.
    Oh and this right here goes to show you there is a acception to every rule..The moral to the storey/rules dont always go with thy program..YOUR elders aint always right but DO NOT tell my kids that ok?