Challange and call to action for OKLAHOMA MEMBERS!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by TDawgNOk, Dec 15, 2007.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Call to action.

Oklahoma Brothers and Sisters of the BOC. This morning I was going through posts in the Oklahoma section, and I realized that there are a LOT of Oklahoma members that I have not had the honor of meeting, and welcoming to the Brotherhood in person. For this I am sorry. I want to extend a personal invitation to each and every BOC member and guest from Oklahoma to come to the Keystone - Gathering of the BOC this coming May 30, 31, and June 1st 2008. You can view information on the gathering by going to the Keystone thread.

I know it seems like a long way away, and it may be hard for some people to commit to coming this far in advance. However, if you start planning for it now, it is easier to make sure you have time off to be able to come and join in the friendship and fellowship. Many of you may be like I was before my first gathering. Not quite sure that you want to meet up with a group of people from the internet in person. Scared that you might wind up meeting a group of axe murderers or some such. Let me be the first to tell you, that couldn't be further from the truth. Many of the people you meet at the gathering would be willing to give you the shirt off their back just because you share the same interest, and are a member of this board. For many, the Keystone gathering is simply a way of getting to meet face to face with other members, share ideas, tips and tricks. For others, its like a family reunion, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, sharing stories, coffee, drinks, and food. For others, its a chance to fish with other members. And Still for others, its just a way of "getting away from it all".

I would like to challange each and every Oklahoma member of the BOC to be there in 2008. Lets take this chance and opportunity to meet and to share our love of catfishing. If you don't like to camp, there are hotels very close by. If you can't make it for the whole weekend, plan to come on Fri, Sat, or Sun and just stop by to say "HI". If you are worried because you have kids, don't be worried, There are always lots of kids to hang out with and to fish/swim/bike/play with. If you are worried that you won't fit in, or don't really know anyone, HOG WASH. Just coming and saying that you are from the BOC, you will be welcomed with open arms, hugged, handshaked, and loved on by the other members.

One of the BEST parts about each and every Keystone Gathering is the Saturday Evening meal. It is a pot luck style, family meal. Everyone gathers together, we eat, talk, eat, win door prizes, eat, laugh, eat, and more. This is some of the best food you will ever get your hands on.

So please, if you live in Oklahoma, please make every effort in being at New Mannford Camp grounds, on Keystone Lake, May 30, 31, and June 1st 2008. I would like to meet you, and I know everyone else will want to meet you too!!!!

PS, for those of you who would feel more comforatable meeting someone from the BOC in person first, please feel free to PM myself, or jholl949 (Mike Holiday) If you aren't close enough for one of us to meet you, we know SOMEONE in your part of the state who can meet up with you!

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    thanks for the info Tony.

3. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    come on Okies, where are ya?? Sound out at least please!

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They may be ashamed Tony. After all, look at all those baby deer you killed this year. LOL

5. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    can the campgrounds be reserved there?Cant wait to meet all the brothers.Since i am without a boat,what is the closest campground to the dam? I am an avid dutch oven chef and am looking forward to show off and possibly teaching others this great camp cooking skill.Lets see some more okies commit to this,it will be a blast!

6. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Brian, go to the Keystone thread that I linked to in my first post "the bold that says Keystone" That will give you all the info about reserving the sites. Even though you don't have a boat, there will be plenty there who will have them, and will have seats in them available.

I too love cooking in a dutch oven, just haven't done any dutch oven cooking in quite a while.

Will be good to meet you!

Oh, and at least I know someone other than Awshuckydarns is reading my post!

7. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Brian,
    The campground we use isn't the closest to the dam but there will be enough boats there to get you as close as laws will allow, if that's your preference.
    I have a dutch oven I've never used. This should be interesting. Go to Keystone thread. and sign up.

8. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the information, I'm going to try to make it this year