Chain swivels

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by peewee williams, Jan 17, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The use of chain swivels on terminal tackle for larger fish.This was very popular in some areas in the past,for large fresh and saltwater fish.Does anyone out there have any experance with them,or still use them?What are the pros and cons of using them.They still are for sale,and have been for 50 years that I know of.Someone,is using them for something somewhere,or they would not be selling.Please tell me what you know,think,or guess.Thanks.peewee-williams

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Peewee, I haven't found any chain swivels in my area (Houston), but in a book on terminal tackle called Hook, Line, and Sinker by Gary Soucie...may be out of print, he calls chain swivels among the best swivels, right up there with Sampo ball bearing swivels...very pricey swivels. I've looked for them and would like to try them.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Pull up cabelas,and type in "chain swivels"for the key word at search.You will get 4 results with a total of 9 selections.peewee-williams