Chain pickeral

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by bigfatcat, Sep 27, 2006.

1. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    i have just found a new lake that is full of bass and pickeral here is a nice pickerel i got on a sinko anyone have any suggestion on how to catch more ive only got 2 and i want to get more . they do bite that well but if any1 has a lure suggestion please post it

Attached Files:

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats a Chain Pickeral if its not a pike, a grass Pickerel is what is commonly what folks call a Redfin Pickerel which tops out around 12".
    What you got there will always eat anything that looks like a minnow, Spinners, spoons, Rapalas, AC Shiners, crank baits etc. Sounds like a great place!!

Salmonid

3. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've caught them on spinners and spinnerbaits, they seem to like shiny things.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I always fished for them useing Shinners and i love catching them:0a18:

5. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    nice fish man!!!

6. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you ask me, they don't eat ANYTHING!!! I've been trying to catch one since '97!!! Everyone I know has caught one. Mostly people catch them while bass fishing...I don't.

7. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    For me, inline spinners are tops for pickerel.

They will alos hit surface plugs at times: the tiny torpedo is a good choice there.

The best plug I ever had for pickerel was a Heddon Tadpolly in yellow. Don't know if you can even get them anymore, but the big pickerel just loved them.

8. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice fish! i have been out skating so i dont know what they would bite now. i always caught them on spinners. Also get a quarter and weld it to a hook. hake sure the hook is attached to some line. lol

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    That is definately a chain. New Jersey is infested with chain pickeral my favorites include chartruese spinnerbaits with a single blade colorado or willow. Senkos in white or white slugoes. And poppers if the weeds aint to bad

10. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Since I am so old my favorite lure is the red and white Daredevil.