Chain of Rocks

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by alton, Jun 1, 2007.

1. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anything going on the the Chain of Rocks yet. I assume the water is still very high. Anyone bank fishing there yet. Any info appreciated. Thanks

2. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The waters still high, but they are fishing there again.. I haven't been down there but I see them there every nite I come home from work...

3. barnold

barnold Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Are the Alton Locks closed yet? Thanks

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Nope, they are still working on them.. Hopefully they will close them soon. I want fishing to get back to normal.

5. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    i went there and the water was high.you have to be out by dark or the cops well run you off.

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The cops won't run you off if you are fishing.. They will if you are partying.. Or just setting there.. They are trying to stop all the people trashing the area after dark..

7. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    it must have changed form the last time i was up there,because i was fishing an got ran off by the cops.i was out in a boat this morning an by chain of rocks to get bait didn't get any,but their were a couple of people fish out there.and the water was 20 feet above the rocks.

8. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    can anyone tell me what the water level is down there now. is thinking of going fishing down there tomorrow afternoon, would be nice to know if i can actually get in the parking lot without swimmin .... lol.