chain of rocks canal

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by slikk03, May 14, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    whats the canal like for big blues, is it as good as the river itself, i got no boat so im going to hit alton lewis and clark canal if i stayed all day would i get a 30 40 pounder fairly easaly, or is that a no go spot, i only got 150 yards on my abues and 250 on penn, just want to get a little more info on the spot and , line capasity,went last summer 100 degrees out stayed 13 hours with skip and shad , had one bite,thats it, any ifo would be greatly appretated on the canal or bank from below the dam , i cant cast more than 50 yards

2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I think the canal is a no fishing zone from a boat I don't know about from the bank. I wouldn't waste my time there.

3. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    There are many spots from the ALton Dam all the way to downtown St. Louis. Right by the Lewis and Clark monument is decent, the dam itself can be ok, the cobblestones downtown are not bad either...

Hell make it easy on yourself just put a bug on float trip willie and follow him around he seems to be pretty good at them bank spots!!!:tounge_out::tounge_out:

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

Good is a under statement.... I just got off the skunk list with a 35lber... shawn got a 30 also... almost a double.. I'll get some pics up here in a bit

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    O...yes u can fish the banks of the canal... I havent in some yrs but you def can fish there..

6. jeremydouin

jeremydouin New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Willie, if ya don't mind me askin, where did you catch that 35lber?

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis

PM Sent!!