chain of rocks canal

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, May 14, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    anybody get alot of blues in the canal, if so how big of cut bait u use, i only got 100 yards now of braid on all 3 abues, thats 60 bucks of line i cant aford to buy now to fish the main river

2. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I wouldnt worry about it dude. If you spend all your time worrying about whether or not you are gonna get spooled, you can't be having fun right? Just go fishing! Good luck!

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    just wana go with alot of knolege, , i know i got to get alot of line 600 yards of braed 50 pound test, line, and 6 0z weghts

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    most of the time they wont make a huge run but several smaller runs and usually in a different dirrection so i wouldnt worry about it.:wink: imo the flat is the one you have to worry about stoping.

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    its just a new thing for me, i dont know how shaloww they come, basicaly all i know is they like fast current and cut bait, as far as were and hw far to cast from the bank i dont know

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    if there is deeper water close to the bank they will come up that way they do generally stay in the deeper water. so if there is a cutout in the bank were there is deeper water you wouldnt have to cast out verry far.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    then in that case, a barge canal should hold them, its very deep but narow, a mile downstream of altone boaters dont go ther becose barge trafic

8. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    canal is only about 20' deep and no holes nice smooth bottom. manmadeso no deep holes. they dont really like you to fish in there either