Central US, National Gathering was just too far?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Nov 1, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Are you in the central part of the US like Oklahoma, Kansas, or Tx?

Were you unable to go to the National Gathering because it was too far?

If so, then KEYSTONE may be the answer for you.

The Keystone Gathering is held the first weekend of June at Keystone Lake just 13 miles West of Tulsa Oklahoma. Last year was the 4th year of Keystone and there were around 100 people there. This year is going to be the best ever. It is planned and put on by Mike Holladay and a few others help. Keystone, with its location being in the Center of the United States is not as far as the drive to Kentucky for those of us in the middle of the US.

Please take a moment to check out the following two links and take time to consider coming to Keystone5.

2. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    And if 200 people DONT show up this year, TDawg will personally club a baby seal and wear it like a feather boa all weekend. (hope it aint a hot june!)

If 200 do show up, he will only beat it senseless, but then apologise to the seal and give it a full-on open mouthed kiss.

:tounge_out: :lol:

(im just kidding. He will club it anyway)

4. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    You ain't right!

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    OK, I did it, I am signed up. This year I am going to find out if one person can have to much fun.

6. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Danny,

Glad to hear it. The more signed up the merrier. I don't see how ANYONE could have a bad time at Keystone. I spent most of my time last year fighting (and loosing the fight) with my boat yet I still had a ball.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    That was not a fight with your boat. It was a clean knock-out. The big 10 count. Sawing the logs. Boat 1, Tony 0. LOL Whatever happened to that motor, Tony. Can it be salvaged. Theres a place in OKC that has a zillion and one used parts... may be it is fixable.

8. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nope, it was a long battle that lasted all weekend, then yes, the boat won. The motor has a blown piston and I am not mechanically inclinded enough to repair that. Also the cylinder wall is scratched.

9. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Tony,

Yep, your right about Keystone being Centrally located. I was one of the Folks that just couldn't make the National Gathering myself. It just wasn't in my budget. I do know that not everyone can attend all the Gatherings, but I try to attend one as often as I can.

If anyone has never attended a Gathering, they don't know what they are missing out on. The Food, the Fun,and the Fishing is certainly worth your time. Not to mention the camaraderie between our fellow Brother and Sisters.

I have been fortunate enough to have been a part, of the Keystone Gatherings for two years. There is such a laid back atmosphere at Keystone. The greatest people you could ever meet, welcome each one like they were Family. Maybe that's because we are a big Family here on the Boc.

If your within driving distance to Keystone, I highly recommend coming as you won't be disapointed....

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Everyone is different in their thoughts... to me, it just wasn't worth a two day drive to Ky, three or four days visiting, and two days drive return home. I would have been gone for a week, and responsibilities won't wait a week to be met.

I would hope the BOC continues to have a national gathering, but I also wish they would have regional gatherings with all the big wigs attending - although I must say I have enjoyed meeting whistler the last two years. A regional meet in Ark, Tx, or Ks may be possible. Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, VA, Carolina's, etc is just not reasonable on my part.

11. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    like to go but no vacation time that part of the year...

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    One day I would like to be able to hook up with some folks.
    I've read a lot about it. Some folks I think a lot about.

Things just aint been well for a while but, never know what tomorrow brings. LOL.

Too early for plans but not too early to try.:wink:

13. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    And if 200 people DONT show up this year, TDawg will personally club a baby seal and wear it like a feather boa all weekend. (hope it aint a hot june!)

If 200 do show up, he will only beat it senseless, but then apologise to the seal and give it a full-on open mouthed kiss

Hey I will be there just see him (TDawg) do that. But June is a hot month. Boy u gonna stink TDawg. LMAO. joking :lol:

14. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    For some the National was impossible for some it was hard but we made and well worth it in my book and will try again for the next one but with Gods help I will be at our state gatherings as long as I can make it But those of you at Keystone SAVE THE SEAL lol