Central Texas Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Jaylake_21, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    This is one last attempt to see if anybody in the Central/South part of Texas wants to see about having a gathering...

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Just outside Austin, I'm game.

3. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Did you have your gathering yet. I'll come if you haven't yet.

4. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    FELLAS IF YOUR GATHERING IS BETWEEN jULY 20-AUGUST 13 I'M ALL IN.:cool2:

5. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The only ones who seem to be interested is the few of you that have posted. I have never done anything like this, but think that it would be very enjoyable. I guess if anyone has any expierence or ideas, please speak up.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Perhaps you should just pick a location and date and get it posted. There is nothing that says your gathering has to be the size of DeGray or Keystone. Just get four or five brothers this time. Next year, or in six months, if you have a successful gathering now, it will double or triple. In other words don't shoot for the moon when a flashlight will work. LOL

7. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I agree you can prob. have a gathering with little or no planning at all.

8. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I'm game when and where is all that I need to know!:smile2::crazy::smile2: I think that if it is closer to me I win cause of the gas prices (as would we all!!!:wink:) Just tell me where and what to bring!!

9. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC

Hell you could bring me and that way I win to. You it is a long drive from NC:wink: and I'll have a long way to AZ. Any way like I said if it falls between 20 July and 12 August I'm game.

10. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Hello? HELLO?! HHHEEELLLLLOOOO!?!? Where is everybody? No more getting together? I say we go to Lake Belton or Marble Falls, what do you guys think?

11. texas_slab

texas_slab New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Im all over the marble falls thang or even choke what do we need to do to make it happen

12. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Keep talking me O K with it thanks Sam Davis

13. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    I thank everybody wants it in their back door it cant happen some bodys got to move. thanks Sam Davis

14. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    I'm new here and just ran across this thread. I live about 10 miles E. of Marble Falls on Lake Travis at N. end of the Narrows. :smile2:We have plenty of lake frontage here for shore fishing and a boat ramp. The neighbors even have something like 12 full hook up rv spots that they let me use anytime. If interested just let me know when.
    It's a beautiful place folks, and it won't cost you anything but a good conversation to stay.

15. texas_slab

texas_slab New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    wow that is a wonderful offer sounds like we have a place know we just need a date i vote for the first weekend in aug

16. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Sounds real reasonable to me. I'm in.

17. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm in for sure. I've been wanting to hit that water for a long time. Hows the fishing over there Byron? Is the water deep,clear,currant?? Whatcan we expect? What kind of cats are we chasing? What bait would be wise to get for this trip?

18. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    :0a24: Gentleman the first weekend of August sounds good to me. I am in the military and will be moving to Yuma Az in August but not before I stop off in Texas to visit some family and friends for a few weeks and the first week of Aug fits my dates before I have to push on west.

19. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    Here were I am at is kind of a special situation. Come Aug. if the weather holds on cours there wont be much of a lake, river or anything more than a trickle of water. During the day. Come about 5pm they start generating. The river comes up about 4ft. and boy is it running. You can bank fish on either side of the river for as for as you can see. But if your going to the other side be prepared to be there all night.
    Just below the house is a waterfall/swiming hole and then the bluffs. This leads about 400yrds. down stream to the "Hole" Now this hole is rite in the middle of the Narrows. and is some 40ft. deeper. This is were the big uns come from.
    I usually fish cut bait or whole shad w/some heavy weight. (3 to 6 ounces). I go fishing w/the mined set of getting 2 bites a night in the heavey current. These 2 bites are going to be in the 20lb. range. Blue cats mostly.
    For some real fun. When the water starts slowing down and gets somewhat calmer and the morning is just around the corner. Its time for the 71/2ft. ultalight, slip bober, small trible hook and Danny Kings punch bait. Drift fish this just above the "hole" Catching up to about 7lb. cannel cats like this is a hoot and not uncommon.
    O yea. The bottom is sand and rock, clean water. Hope this helps.

20. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    The first weekend in August sounds good to me!! Count me in!!! Can't wait to meet some of you guys and can't wait to fish some different waters!!! Thanks for the invite and the info!!:wink::smile2::cool2: