central mo lake suggestion

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by shelbysguns, Apr 10, 2009.

1. shelbysguns

shelbysguns New Member

State:
    Jefferson City,Mo
    Hi, I'm new. I live in Jefferson City and I was wondering if anyone here knew any good bank cat fishing spots close by. I don't have a boat. Thanks.:smile2:

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    welcome to the boc

3. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Try Little Dixie Lake in Columbia. You can rent row boats and the fishing is usually good! Several people bank fish on Perche Creek just south of Columbia too.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Shelby, Welcome to the BOC. Good to see another new member from Mo .There is a few members from your area on here so I'm sure someone will line ya up before long.Come join us at the Mo Gathering next Month.15,16.&17th.Go to the Missouri Gathering Forum ,read all about it.Lots of fun,great fishing bank or boat,good food and really great prizes to be given away.Check it out.
    Again :0a25::0a25::0a25:

5. 270shortmag

270shortmag New Member

State:
    Olathe Ks

Little Dixie Lake, Missouri River banks Osage River Banks, Truman Tailwaters. Welcome:0a25::0a26:

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    WELCOME Kevin to the BOC.Happy to have ya join us.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Kevin.

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Shelby and Kevin. Glad to have the both of ya here. You will like it. Tons of great people.

Tom

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Isn't there some fishing lakes at Runge Nature Center in Jeff City? I've never been, but I think there are. If you don't mind driving for a couple of hours, Mark Twain is nice, Little Dixie, Rocky Fork (Columbia) has a bunch of fishin lakes...It's right off 63...Maybe a 45 minute drive for ya. Long Branch Lake in Macon is good...Macon Lake is good. Hunnewell Lake in Hunnewell (north of mtl) is good.

Here's some info on Rocky Fork Conservation Area. I like it because there are 20 or more fishable lakes. Many don't get utilized, and have good populations of channel cats. Rocky Fork Lake itself is 50 acres, and I believe it's stocked with bluecats. Check it out.

http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications...ge.aspx?txtAreaID=7912&txtAreaNm=s&txtUserID=

10. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    There are several spots south of JC towards line right on the river, but you will need a long rod to get you out there a bit.

11. shelbysguns

shelbysguns New Member

State:
    Jefferson City,Mo
    Thank you all!:smile2: :smile2:I just got back from learning how to set out jugs!:wink: A friendly word of advice , if you come to JC, i wouldn't go to the runge. Thanks for the suggestion, but our oh so caring local MDC:roll_eyes: have in all their infinite wisdom decided not to put much effort at all into creating a fun place for families.Again thank you all, and John I can't PM you back but i sincerely appreciate the offer and I'll remember it. Thanks!

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    welcome to the boc and as MRR said you are welcome to come join us at the gatherring it will be tons of fun and great pepple

13. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    hi shelby,welcome to the BOC you have binder lake in jeff city it has some nice cats in it. bagnel dam not that far away,good luck !

14. mulemann

mulemann New Member

State:
    MISSOURI JEFFERSON CITY
    There is several low water crossings on county roads that cross the Moreau River. Most are walking/wading distance to deep holes

15. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    I would drive to truman and camp in the national campground near warsaw/clinton mo. excelent fishing nearby!:wink: