Central Missouri help needed!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by matthewjoel, Oct 4, 2005.

1. matthewjoel

matthewjoel New Member

Hey guys kinda new here but not really just my first post is all and have noticed how kind everyone is at replying with the best knowledge they have when asked a question so thought id put one out there. Im from Moberly, MO about 35miles north of Columbia and am an avid catfisherman and wandered if anyone had any tips about fishing around here. We have a few good lakes but yet to produce any good cat's like Thomas Hill and Macon lake. Any tips for finding fish of if anyones fished from around here anything would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Hey Matt;
    Welcome to the BOC. Great to have another from Missouri. I'm not familar with your lakes there but if you ever get down this way look me up, we have Lake of the Ozarks and also Truman Lake here. Both are excellent catfish waters. Any way just wanted to say Welcome Aboard!

3. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Sorry Matthew I'm from Indianapolis. Welcome to the BOC!! I am sure you could find more help if your state section. Everyone on this site are very helpful and if you need anything or help just ask. Take it easy.

Ryan

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I have heard of the lakes but thats about it. I do all my fishing around the kansas city area. Welcome to the boards man.

5. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    Matthew, I suggest finding a bait shop, if there are any around, and ask those folks. They pretty much know whats going on. I am close friends with my favorite bait shop owners and drop in just to catch up on whats been caught lately. They keep a camera handy and folks are always bringing their catches by. A copy is given to the fisherman and a copy is put into a big book and dated. If it's an exceptional catch, it's posted on the bulletin board.