Central Iowa Gathering ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by mikeskywalker, Apr 18, 2006.

1. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Is there anyone interested in a little get together ?
    maybe like July ?
    there is a good spot in Adel there is a campground and real good river to fish.
    let me know

2. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I am in Ogden my vote would be saylorville lake it is army corp and electric hook ups and other perks.

3. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yes i am , ilive in adel and it is a very good spot. good fishing and lots of room. It has a boat ramp above the dam on the other side of hwy 169.threr is a biat shop in redfield BUT my mom has a big creek that goes through her 40 acers and there are some ponds with lots of bullhead. i am at the river all the time now it well.great idea!!!!!

4. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    adel has elec. hook up in the center of the camp grounds. lakes get realy busy that time of the year tryed to fish it didnt like it but that was around the 4th so it wasent a good call on my part but adel gets busy on the 4th to so it is up in the air just like to see it happen.

5. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    the skunk river has elec and water hook ups also it would be in south east Iowa if the water is up its nice big fish in the skunk the access would be off of highway 61 also lake geode is good on stink bait that time of year its a state park with showers elec an water

6. frostycold1

frostycold1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey mikeskywalker , I tried to reply to your PM but this thing says I need 10 posts before I can. (kinda lame ) So I'm gonna click around and post HI everywhere.
    Anyway, I fished Redfield spillway on Thursday and caught a few cats to eat. Nothin big was biting. The bait shop is now open full time in Redfield. Caught a bunch of crappie at Beaver lake and a 4# bass last week. The bass are getting huge there. Second time I've caught some 4 lbs or over.

7. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    forsty i live in adel and fish the coon in adel above and below.how far from adel do you live.

8. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Hey frosty i agree about the lameness but oh well we are going to have to hit the dam at adel again sometime i need to get out and fish more.......

9. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    skywalker whin are you going to the dam in adel i will met you there.

10. frostycold1

frostycold1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm just down the road from it. On 15th st. Haven't been there yet this year, too busy tring to get crappie right now. The numbers seem to be pretty good since there wasn't any ice to fish on this year.

11. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    if anyone is interrested in a cat tourniment i can get an inter form for you. it is on june 10th 7p.m to 7 a.m and it is $15 to inter. you can call me at 993-3865 areacode 515. good luck

12. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Where at ? sounds cool never done any tournaments before

13. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    you can fish the state of Iowa. i can get you a form then get it back to me and i can give it to the guy at work helping to put it on. just give me a call, i dont work today and on friday and saterday i work first shift 7-3 i will be home at about 3:15.

14. Kennie G

Kennie G New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm up for a gathering in Adel. I camp there a couple times a year it's a nice campground, good shower house, in my opinion can be hit or miss for the fishing, but a bad day fishing is better than a good day working. I live in Greenfield and this is my first time posting but I've been lurking in the background for awhile.

15. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    good to hear from you and hello.

16. muddyIA

muddyIA New Member

State:
    Iowa
    too busy with crappie? don't any of you turkey hunt? ;) been hell trying to stick one with the bow this spring. :lol:

17. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    I live in Burlington been to busy mushroom hunting lol alot of turkey here were I live no one close by hunts them jumped about 20 of them out mushroom hunting

18. Bill_Gibbs

Bill_Gibbs New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I might be up for a meeting/get together. I can't make the 1st week in July but could swing the rest

19. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think a meeting in Adel sounds great. Been wanting to fish that area for some time now. I live in Mitchellville. What do you all think about the middle of July??

20. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hoping to renew some interest in a catfishing gathering here in Iowa. I think it's a great idea. Any suggestions on how we can hammer out a date and location that would be workable?