central illinois vermillion flatheads

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by cmpfsh03, Aug 16, 2005.

1. cmpfsh03

cmpfsh03 New Member

I'm new to the site, and kinda lookin for anyone familliar with the stretch of river from lowell bridge to the illinois river.I fish the streator dam all the way to the illinois unbelievable flathead,not many would believe come from the mighty vermin.Anyone wanting to go out sometime, let me know,no line tanglers!!!

2. Beastmaster

Beastmaster New Member

State:
    Chrisman Ill.
    Where ya from.I've not fished the vermillion but have fished the Little vermillion out of GeorgeTown.

3. bobsfishing2

bobsfishing2 New Member

State:
    Pontiac,IL
    :cool: Hello,I'm from Pontiac IL.I usually fish the verm down here,I have'nt caught any flatheads,only channel.I'm usually free on weekends,btu I can't drive.

4. johnboat

johnboat New Member

State:
    pontiac il.
    hey bob !!

if no ones said it yet, welcome to the best catfishing site on the web!!!
    let me know when and where the fhis are bitin, and i'll be there..i'm here in the big city of pontiac myself...just send me a p/m... :p

5. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I don't get up to Pontiac often, but my gf's parents live near there and so I've fished the Vermillion a couple of times. Only problem is I've only found one spot that seems to produce fish. It's in that park next to the prison, just downstream from the foot bridge. Are there any other places to fish up there?

6. johnboat

johnboat New Member

State:
    pontiac il.
    astuztman,
    i know the area you're talking about.. not much luck there since we've not had much rain.. i go to a place called huminston woods, where the little vermillion goes thru, and have had some luck just wading it and going downstream for the deep holes...