Central Illinois Catfishing Status

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Redtick, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Here is a picture of the current Central Illinois catfishing status, at least on my lake.

Attached Files:

2. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Yep, spring is in the air.

Somewhere.
    Rat

3. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    We had 12" of beautiful spring weather yesterday.
    Almost can't tell there is a boat under it in the picture.

At least it done a lot of melting today

Attached Files:

4. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL just clean it out and lets hit the water!! LOL. we didnt get nearly as much here but I am ready for the warmer weather to stay

5. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    Glad to see it is almost gone I cant wait for the warmer weather. want some cats need to cure this itch I have...
    Bondman

6. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    well its all but melted it just needs to warm up again! i'm sick of the cabin fever!!!:0a30:

7. howards

howards Member

State:
    IL.
    can't wait for spring.

8. M_anstrom

M_anstrom New Member

State:
    Moody Air Force
    Fairbury, Ill here.... Ive already started my fishing season. Im on spring break from school so ive hit the vermillion every day since I got out. They're a little slugish but are biting. Infact, joking around:rolleyes: , I tied some line to a tree with a hook and some chicken liver dough, and left it yesterday. today I came back and there was a fish on... hooked himself! He was a lil one (almost plate sized) so he went back. The two best spots ive seen so far this spring have been the vermillion next the pontiac jail and vermillion dead east of Mcdowell. Good luck yall...

9. M_anstrom

M_anstrom New Member

State:
    Moody Air Force
    The vermillion was doing great yesterday (4-13-06). I was there in pontiac fishing it with some friends right before that storm front and the water was up and the channel cats were hitting continously (plus one tiny flathead..lol). catch one and your other pole would get a hit...lol it was insane but then it just died completely. we were next to the walking bridge over by the pontiac jail. ;)

10. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Mykal, I've fished both the spots you are talking about many a time.
    Welcome to the board.
    Rat

11. Rivercat2

Rivercat2 New Member

State:
    Morton,Illinois
    I have been fishing on the Illinois and been doing pretty good on small live shad and cut bait. biggest so far was a 12lb blue.

12. tehrealmccoy

tehrealmccoy New Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    Hit the vermillion yesterday first in the morning between 7am and 1:30pm we were at the Red White and Blue bridge.. Lots of nibbles on stinkbait and I caught a small channel on worm.. About a pound to a pound and a half. Then we headed back to Streator and fished behind the armory where we caught 3 channels (off of worm) one was about 2 pounds but pregnant so we let her go. The rest were babies.

Stinkbait got nothing but nibbles but after a bad season last year we're starting off strong!

13. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Brian, have you ever tried for flatheads at the RW&B bridge? I've seen pictures of some pretty nice ones caught there. 30 lbs +.
    Rat

14. tehrealmccoy

tehrealmccoy New Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    Nah Thursday was the first day I've ever been there. I've heard that if you go to Marilla Park north of Streator and get some creek chub and head to RW&B at night with them you'll get flatheads. :)

15. M_anstrom

M_anstrom New Member

State:
    Moody Air Force
    we hit the vermillion again yesterday, there where like 6 of us. We caught a bunch of bullheads and channel cats on bluegill tails. the bullheads were by the walking bridge in pontiac and the channel cats were at the bridge out downstream... too bad my friends are having a fish fry with our catches tonight and my sister wont let me leave b/c she wants to do some BS family crap...lol (and shes a fish hater, lol)

16. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC Mykal.

17. tehrealmccoy

tehrealmccoy New Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    I've always wanted to try down by Pontiac. Isn't it really shallow over there? Oh well.. Can't get anymore shallow than here in Streator!

18. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    I fish all year around I love becauce it's a little and Ican fish nights when I GET OFF FORM WORK.

19. M_anstrom

M_anstrom New Member

State:
    Moody Air Force
    It isnt that shallow... theres a couple good deep holes... to be honest Im thinking about hitting dawson lake this weekend...

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    had a bit of success at washington county in nashville il

beutiful little lake with camping and picnic tables a couple covered pavillions with a baitshop w/snacks
    went last nite till 2:30 am then came home
    heres some of our fun

all were released except the little bull he was gut hooked and ended up on the cutting board for bait.

;

Attached Files: