Central Illinois Catfisherman

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Branj796, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anyone fish in the area?

2. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    pretty vast area but yes lots of us fish it brother...if you wanna narrow it down a bit we can talk more about your area possibly...:wink:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jake Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Glad to see another Illinois member. What part of Illinois are you from and what species of catfish do you chase? Be sure and check out information on Gatherings for Illinois. Ref; Rend Lake Gathering, Illinois Catstock, etc.:0a25::0a25::0a22:

4. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice Post Mickey,
    I should have added that information but slipped my mind...Thanks you for adding the Gathering information...There is one more in Illinois also this year not sure if CattMatt has his put in the Gathering Section or not I will look real quick and post all three links...

5. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Below you will find the links to all three of the gatherings being held in Illinois They are put up here according to the date being held...
    At each these events you will meet some awesome people here on the BOC and learn something new at each one and make new friends...I personally am going to try an attend each one of them and meet as many as possible...
    Hope to see you there!!!

2008 Catfish Camp Gathering,Prophetstown Illinois - JUNE 7, 8
    on the banks of the rock river
    Contact - cattmatt

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67814

2008 Rend Lake Gathering, Illinois - June 20,21,22
    Rend Lake, Wayne Fitzgerrell State Park - Pavilion #2
    Contact - deerhunter4

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55708

2008 Catstock , Illinois Gathering - August 8, 9, 10,
    Carlyle Lake, Eldon Hazzlett state park

Contact - bearcat

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58629

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Paul. I believe the Cattmatt gathering on the rock river will be a neat gathering. With three gathering in Illinois, we cover the state real good. Something for everyone. I hope these gathering continue to grow and grow.

7. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree...That was my intention of having another gathering in Illinois...This just gives a chance to have members get together from all over the state...with having more than one it also helps with peoples schedules a little better...Also they are kind of spread out through out the state a little to help meet everyone's needs as far as distance goes...I personally think it is awesome...

I would like to make it to each one of the events and meet as many BOC members as possible...Many Thanks goes out to all of the members who have helped to make each one of these gatherings a huge success in Illinois...

A Special Thanks goes out to BearCat and all the members of the Catstock Gathering for getting them started in this Wonderful fishing state of Illinois...I tip my hat to ya and look forward to meeting you all....

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Welcome Jake

I fish mostly baldwin, carlyle and rend lake. I haven't explored much of carlyle, as I have fished pretty much my little spots that I normally catch my cats in. Haven't really had much other reason to try elsewhere! haha