Central IL Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by ILChannelMan, Jul 15, 2007.

1. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Is anyone interested in having a gathering at Spring Lake sometime next month? There is camping, but I am not all that familiar with the waters there. I know we just got done with one, but many of us in the central part of the state couldn't make the drive that far.

I would be willing in working together with a couple people to get this rolling, so let's get some feedback!!

2. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im all for a gathering closer to home Ben. As long as its on the weekend I should be able to make it. Which Sring Lake are you talking about though? I looked on Mapquest and found about 11 of them all over the state. Id be up for just about anywhere in the central part of the state but I know a few guys mentioned Sangchris. What about that? I know theres camping and a few guys already know the lake pretty well. Just a thought.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah, which one? I've got a Spring Lake 5 miles from me, but I doubt that it's the one you're talking about. :smile2:

4. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    i think the spring lake by manito is a good one but its close to me:big_smile:

5. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Several people did say sangchris, but that topic just kinda died out, so I threw out an idea to get some feedback.

Yes, I was talking about the one in Manito, which isn't all that far from Powerton from what I hear.

As I told one of our members, I do not know if I will be able to basically do this myself, as my grandpa was diagnosed with 4th stage colon cancer, so I am 100% willing to help, but we also need a fearless leader.

Feel free to give ideas everyone!

6. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    this is a link to spring lake near manito

it is not known for monster cats like powerton but they do have decent size channels

plus if you dont have a boat you can rent one
    http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/PARKS/R1/SPL.HTM

any other suggestions would be appreciated

7. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If everybody is cool with Spring Lake, We could go to Poweton and fish earlier in the day, and go to Spring Lake for the evening.

From what I hear though, Spring Lake is more known for bass.

I'll keep Looking

8. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anything going on with this Central Illinois gathering or has that just faded away? Im still interested in doing something with it. Anyone else have an interest in this gathering? Lets get the ball rolling and catch us some hagz soon! :big_smile:

9. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    sorry joe i ve just been to busy with work i think it may be a little late now with duck season up next, a lot of places close for a while. we could work on one for next year, hjopefully ill still be workin but at least not every weekend