Central Florida Lakes

Discussion in 'FLORIDA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Gone Fishing, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Gone Fishing

Gone Fishing New Member

State:
    Florida
    Does anyone have any suggestions for the Central Florida area? I'm new to catfishing, so I'm wondering if there are any particulatly good spots for them in my area. :)

Gone Fishing

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    first off welcome to the boc and it's good to see more locals get on and make posts'...
    now lets get down to business what part off town are you in and what do consider central florida what lakes do you normally fish and for what species do you normally target??

3. dudly2252000

dudly2252000 New Member

hi i live near wesley chapel..from louisiana and have been trying my best to catch some channels..i am told there are no flats or blues here, i'm maybe 20 mins from brandon and tips on where to fish would be appreciated

4. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i guess i shoulda read this post first....lol
    dudley would you be willing to drive out towards the dover,plant city area to catsh some nice channels???
    do you fish from the bank or from a boat???
    and you live in wesley chapel,i'm working on a new school out there off county line road and bruce b downs area.....

5. dudly2252000

dudly2252000 New Member

hiya john, sure i would drive to plant city or dover, i love catfishing and i have yet to catch a channel over 3 pounds. i lost my boat motor and trailer in hurricane rita...after moving it from new orleans to lake charles to avoid hurricane katrina, i am in the process of trying to find a small jon boat to go out in, i don't mind bank fishing but i hate been limited on fishing areas but i have been making do so far, i have caught some nice bass here, so far my personal best a 8lber at middle lake near hernando county. i look forward to hearing back from you and thanks a bunch.

6. Gone Fishing

Gone Fishing New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hi John,
    I'm in Orlando on the border of Winter Park. I just got a boat so I will probably be heading over to the Winter Park chain of lakes this weekend. One of the Lakes there is called Lake Virginia, the other two or three I am not sure of at this time. I may try fishing the Little Econ River in the future as well as Lake Monroe and the St. Johns River and eventually take the boat over to the Intercoastal and perhaps Mosquito Lagoon for some Redfish. As far as what catfish I would like to catch, well, I'll take whatever kind is on the end of my line!!! Which species is the easiest for a beginner to catch?:rolleyes:

7. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    tina welcome to the boc.
    well down to business i'm not to familiar with the orlando fishing holes but i do hear they are pulling big ol' bream outta lake toho and i hear they are catching some nice cats ther also...
    since you have a boat you should try on attending the florida catfish classic in october up in north florida.they should be quite few boc members including the founder of the boc(catfish commando) and abunch of others we will be flathead catfish in the forty pound range...
    if you plan on trying to fish around the tampa area fishing holes i would be more than glad to help you find a few spots and once again i am sorry i can't give you any useful information on the orlando area....

8. Suwannee Cat

Suwannee Cat New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hi, I saw your post and thought I'd throw a tip at you for an Orlando lake nearby.
    Lake Fairview. The boat ramp is in the ball park on Lee road just east of the intersection of U.S.441.
    I lived on the lake for 4 and a half years and I can testify it is loaded with nice channel cats and white cats. there are bullheads too.
    The lake is deep, to around 30ft in spots and spring fed and pretty darn big.
    It is popular with boaters and jet skiers so you best go early or late.
    Tight lines to ya!

9. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    what of florida do live in cats????

10. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    T ina I don't know what part of central fl your in, that covers a lot of ground .But if you like channel cat, lake Diaz on hwy 11 south of hwy 40 is chuck full of Ccats.and they have lifted the limit to try and reduce the population.
    I prefer fishing the wekiva river for cats ,put in at the end of highbanks road in debary fl and moter south about two miles and stay right to find the wekiva
    bewell crmule