Central California "Honey Holes"

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Aug 7, 2007.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Went out this morning to a lil spot at sunrise. Was running out of DK's and dipped into some Hog Wild. Cast first one out to a lil cut by some sunken trees and then dipped a night crawler in some of Dumongs anise:wink:. Cast that one out on the other side near a ledge. Pored some coffee and before my first drink....Wham! pole and bell exploded:smile2: Had to losen my drag and play that big girl. 9 1/2 # channel on crawler and dumongs:wink: Some shady charcters rolled up and was too close for my comfort. Headed home at lunch. 9 1/2 #, 5# and a couple of 2-3 #. No little nibbles, just gobbles today. Weather was AWESOME!!!!!!

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    keep talkin' Robb, You'll convunce me to run up that way yet again.

3. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Excellent job Robb. Glad to hear you got some nice action.

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for the report Robb. I cannot blame you for leaving.
    Do you pretty well with DK?

Jaime

5. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    Goood goin on the kitties.. I am also quite interested in trying out some of those ol honey holes youve got goin out there

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You know you all you brothers are always more than welcome to soak some bait with me. With the weather change, the kitties will be moving around and coming into the shallows to eat. I hope the 100 degree heat is over for us here in the Valley.

Jaime, Yes, I have great luck with Dk. It is not as messy as the other stuff too. I use mainly the orig DK.

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go Robb.....Yes i think with the weather finely getting into the mid 80s again the cat's will start to turn on again.

8. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    That stuff is deadly! I haven't had any time to go out and do some fishing as school has started back up. Let me know when you run low. I'll see if I can get more.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb,

:worship: "Your The Man"!!!!!!!

"Way To Go Buddy"!

Know don't be surprise if you were to see me down there to get in on some of that action. :0a22:
    :wink:

Take it easy & Again "Good Job",
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

10. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Oh, there you are, Bert.
    I was begining to think something happened to you.
    Good to hear from your neck of the woods.

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey There Sir, :smile2:

I'm still around tring to catch that big one.

How have you been?
    (I hope you & Ray are staying out of trouble)
    LoL
    :wink:

Take it easy,

Bert & "Deltalover"

P.S.: Tell "Ray" that "Shania" still has her watch and it working just fine.
    :smile2:

12. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Hey Bert... good to see ya posting.....glad to have been able to pass on a little something to her..... like CPR.....

So, we are off again..... Picking up Tom in the AM, and we are heading 194 miles north to lake Naciemiento..... I hear it's is down some 30-40 feet and we are going to fish it for several nights.....

.:big_smile:

bayrunner ray

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "What's-uppppppppp Ray"!!!!!!!!!,

Good Luck to you guys on the trip :cross:, but you got to make sure that you make a post about the trip for all of usto read.
    :0a22:

Take it easy guys,

Bert & "Deltalover"

14. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Good to see you posting again on here Bert! It's good to see there is more and more activity posted here in the California section.
    Hey Ray, good luck up there on your trip with Tom, keep us posted on how it goes.

Brandon

15. kastmaster

kastmaster New Member

State:
    California
    what lake were you fishing at again

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey brother, Let me welcome you to the BOC. Nice striper too:wink: I fish for cats mainly in rivers. The cats I caught in the first post was caught at a undisclosed location. I wish I could be more specific on here, but there been a lot of lurkers not registering as members and they been hitting some of my spots. I am very very open to taking folks out there myself or members PM me if interested in the location. More than happy to put BOC members on fish:big_smile:

17. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Dang, Robb. Calling that slough a river is pushing it some , more rightly should be called a swamp if it only had some trees.:smile2:

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    :tounge_out:Who said slough Tom:smile2: But since you mention it, it is part of the Kings river and the San Joaquin river. The part you and Ray went to with me was the "loop" . The gate was closed in Feb to the back were I sometimes go. Come on up sometime before duck season and well go to few my spots and I'll put you on some nice fish:wink:

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Tyler,

I would like to :0a25: you, to the "Worlds Famous B.O.C.,"

:confident: The home of the "Best of the Best" in "Fishing & Life" as we know it! :wink:

Take it easy,

Bert & "Deltalover"

20. kastmaster

kastmaster New Member

State:
    California
    lol thanks yah caught that striper out at castaic lake pretty good fight biggest fish i ever caught.:smile2: nice cats ill pm you to see the spots cause my lake has squat in it. Long Beach lakes aren't very good now that i think about it