Center Console homemade tops

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Salmonid, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Looking to come up with a rainproof top that i can add a front and possibly sides to to keep rain,wind and snow out so my floor heater can keep me warm. Will be connecting to a rail on the sides. Also needs to be foldable so i can put it uner the front deck when not in use.

I can come up with the top part fairly easy with some high quality ripstop nylon that comes in a mildew resistant and waterproof grade, Just trying to figure out the sides and how to connect the front on both sides of the console.
    Surely someone out there has done this as locally I have seen several homemade jobs out on the Ohio river so if youve done this, lets see a picture.

Ill post pics as/if I get this worked out over the next month or two.

Salmonid

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Hope this gets done. Would love to see a pic.

3. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    ive thought about this and the best solution i can come up with the cost being a priority is to sew some of that clear plastic onto the sides of a bimini top and put in a couple zippers to be able to get in and out of it. Then you could put in a couple snaps along the bottom to snap it down to the boat and keep it tight

4. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    like this

(flathead03's boat for sale)

5. I'm temporarily just gonna grab a few pieces of 6 mil poly from work and clip it to the bimini top with bulldog clips. Try toi keep it simple. Figure with the roof and 2 sidesit should trap heat prety good if it aint windy.