Celtics best team in East?

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Dec 14, 2007.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    What do you guys think? Are the Celtics the best team in the Eastern Conference? Their schedule hasn't been that difficult thus far, but they are sitting at the top of the list in the East. They have a loaded team with Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen, but does anyone think they have a ligitimate shot at competing with the Spurs, Mavs, Suns in the West?

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well as a lifetime fan of the Cs I hope so.They are the top team in the East right now but they havent, as you pointed out, played that difficult a schedule.Should be a 9-11 game western swing coming up or those teams will be coming east so we shall see.I suspect they can hold their own as long as the role players continue to give good solid contributions.They play like a team and dont seem to have any ego problems at all.11 guys playing all together for one common good can usually beat any assemby of five mega stars.I love their attitude and determination.I heard Kevin say the other night after a 12 point win, that they stunk in the first half and finally got their heads out of their butts and started playing correctly in the second half.Thats the kind of introspective analysis that wins championships.:smile2:

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yes, they are the best in the east.

I think the mavs are gonna flame out again.
    The suns may be better, but I don't think they can keep up their pace into the off season.
    The spurs, well TD isn't getting any younger or healthier, but if he's healthy, they got a chance.

The celtics are now my #2 team, behind my wolves. Garnett deserves a ring. No one in the NBA plays with his heart. I was never a fan of pierce, but just because he was way out there and had no connection. I love Ray Allen, and just wonder what would have happened if we hadn't traded him for Steph. I also wonder how good Steph could have been if he stayed.

I pick Celtics to win it all.

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Don't forget about them Bad Boys..........Detroit Pistons!

5. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    18-2! Absolutely the Celtics are #1 in the East. What eastern conference team last started the season 18-2? It will be interesting when they face off against teams from the west. Unfortunately the C's are one serious injury away from mediocrity. If KG or Paul Pierce or Ray Allen goes down, they're in trouble.

6. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Well the Celtics are 27-3! Their first trip out west has been incredible. Detroit is still hanging around though. Looks like it's going to be an interesting season.

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I loved the Celtic because Larry Bird was from French Lick. Since he's been gone, I haven't cared too much for them especially since they play for the same city as the Patriots and Red Sox.

They look tough, but nothing Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli can't handle.