Cell Phones

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by mperry, Jul 24, 2006.

1. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    How many people think cell phones are a gimmick? The price is never what it is advertised. If I pick a plan for 60.00 and I don't go over the minutes or anything then I expect to be charged 60.00 and not a bunch of other crap. I just think it is rediculous. I dropped my plan after the contract ran out but really need to get another one. Any plans out there that are priced as advertised? I don't use it a lot but the plans are crazy.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The plan is generally as advertised, they just don't explain the multitude of taxes that go along with it...:angry:

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Mike if you're careful with your minutes, tracfone is a good plan. the minutes cost more, but there is no contract and no monthly payment. i've had one for several years now. better service than the major carriers also.

http://www.tracfone.com/home_page.jsp?b=i&flash=YES&p=W

and i also just signed up with vonage. i am goiing to lose my home and shop phone thru SWB.......and i am going to love that

4. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have seen this too. I just purchase minutes as I need them now. As far as the post by Arlington you're right about that too. We are suppose to have a law against talking on the phone while driving, but from what I see, they must not enforce it. I've seen some bad wrecks happen with people talking on a phone while driving. In the last three years our neighbor has replaced his chain link fence, and a mail box. He got ticked off, and mounted the new mail box on a four inch pipe, filled with concrete, and set in concrete. He then put up a guard around it made from railroad track. About 2:30 Sunday morning someone up rooted it at a high rate of speed, and managed to drive off before I could get a tag number. IMO they probably had something in their hand besides a cell phone on this one. Last year someone made a sudden stop on a large oak tree in our front yard, tore the yard up with the wreck, and being towed away. Guess who had to get up the glass, and haul dirt to fix the mess. Yep, yours truly. Good luck with the minutes, I didn't mean to ramble on. Jack.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Probably some "sane"person that knew you.He he,ho ho.ha ha.peewee-williams

6. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I too have a tracphone (pay as you go) cell phone. I carry it with me and almost never use it, but if I DID need it it's great to have.

I also dropped my land line and switched to Vonage. I only wish I had done it sooner.

PM me if you are considering going the Vonage route.
    _

7. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    LOL.. well ain't you a STINKER!
    :big_smile_2:
    _

8. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont know, lol
    My dad works downtown for a cell phone company, with the computer cell-site, stuff like that
    All I do know is that for him workin down there, I get a free phone and free unlimited minutes for both callin n text, lol

9. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I dont go anywhere near my allowed minutes a month. I usually have about 1000 mins left over each month, but with this plan I get free nights and weekends so alot of my talking time is at night. What kills me is having to pay for a landline so I can have DSL!:0a28:

10. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Mike, I finally got me a cell phone this year. I got a pay-as-you-go cingular phone and I am satisfied with it. I don't use one much and I think it was the best choice for me.

ST

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I got a cingular for the coverage across the country. No charfes for roaming , longdistance, free nights and weekends, free cingular to cingular
    I have never used over my limit with the roll over. I would check the coverage area before getting any phone. Its the extra taxes and gov.fees that have driven the bills so high and you are going to pay them anywhere you goi spent amonth checking plans before I got this one.
    good luck

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I have a track phone too and like it. I dont use it much except to text one or two of my buddies.

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I dont know, I dont have a cell phone.

14. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i have nextel used to have trac phone wish i had it back but now have a contract .i pay every two months on two phones just got the bill its $300. that comes to $75. a month per phone supposed to been $49. man their killin me ,then to make it worse i dropped my phone in the river this past weekend and its goin to cost me $50. even tho i have insurance to replace it. IMO yer best bet would be trac phone prepay

15. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    hey...how about hooking a brother up???????lol

16. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I passed a women driving a standard ,talking on the cell phone and trying to eat a apple at the same time.Can't fix stupid !!!

17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I almost got side swiped today by a woman from out of state who was talking on the phone while eating. She was in the right lane which is turn only and then tried to cut back left when the lane ran out. Only problem was that I was already there with cars in front and behind me. I don't think she saw anyone but Big Mac!

18. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well I have Boost mobil with walkie-talkie and love it just like nextel without the plan. I stop and but 50.00 card and get 500 min most of the time is last a month. but most of my calls are by WT that 1.50 a day unlimited and with my wife and kids having the same kind of phones unlimited WT is great they check in all day long is seems.
    If you have one call and see my WT is 183*916*10191 I have used it from maryland to texas and back

19. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    CrappPppPppPpPpPPPpPP. If I die on the bank cause of what cell phone turned into and I dont have one, so be it. I dont want one. Cant stand em. I remember when commercials was about getting cells for emergencies etc. Now people are hooked, there about pic, internet, etc., bells and whistles and it dont work near as good as they did a few years back. Heck I only talk on phone when I have too.
    There is only so much time I can spend my time on using tech. I know, creates jobs and money.

Scam aint the word I would use.

Anyone ever is fishing with me. Phone is off unless we have trouble, other wise, its off and I dont want a see it. Or, stay at home. LOL.

My last one is at bottom of lake for a few years now. Love it.

My wife, has mim. use on hers just for emergency and its on my Son's plan. It aint for B.S.ing

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Cell Phones are rediculous in price, but a necessary evil unfortunatly.