Cell phones

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mac-b, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Starting yesterday, telemarketing people received access to your cell number. If you don't want these calls, plus being charged for these calls, do the following. From your cell phone call 1-888-382-1222 (Do not call registry) and within thirty one days your number will be listed on the Do not call list for five years. I just did it for my cell to make sure it was on the up and up. Mac

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great tip, thanks brother. The following info is from the FTC website:

Cell Phones
    You may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in June 2003. There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone number on the Registry.

You may have received an email telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database; however, that is not the case. Federal Communications Commission regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers.

3. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Thanks for the heads up:smile2:Just called it and registered. Thanks again!!!

Timber

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks Mac. Just did mine.