Cell phones illegal in California while driving!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Sep 16, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My husband just heard it on Headline News! I have nothing against cell phones but they are very dangerous if you are driving and holding a phone. The only way around it that I can see is if you had a setup where you could keep an ear phone in the phone attached to the dash and both hands on the wheel.Possibly that would be safer,I don't know! Whats everyone else think?
    Pat:smile2:

2. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I for one am glad this may go into effect and I live in California. If you have to absolutely use your cell phone while driving there is no excuse not to have a hands free device. Distracted drivers are almost as dangerous as drunk drivers.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Both of my girls were born out there. Hubby and I lived out there for 5 years. He worked down in Sun Valley for the City of LA on their trash trucks. He was a diesel Mechanic.-----------pk:big_smile:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I think it should be that way in all 50 states...Just my opinion!

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well I kow some people that cant chew bubbel gum and walk at the same time let alone talking on the phone while driving

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I think it's a great law! It makes me soooo angry when someone is swervin' all over the road fiddlin' with the cell phone..GRRRR

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Anything which distracts the driver should be illegal. That includes those infernal cell phones and those lovely young ladies in hot pants or mini skirts.

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It might be a little inconvienient, but it is definitely safer. It's been proven a cell phone is about as bad as having a little alcohol in you.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hope more states follow. I personally can't stand the fact that everyone thinks that if they have to drive somewhere, they need to call me because they have nothing to do but drive. Doesn't anyone listen to the radio anymore. Or just enjoy the silence.:hell_boy:

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

hip-hip-hooray!!!! Hands free devices are a must. I don't even answer my phone while I am driving.

11. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    they should be illegal while driving,,,, its very dangerous,,,, people textin while drivin is like some one readin the paper while drivin....... i got rid of my cell phone cause i caught myself doin just that.......... in case of emergency would be the only reason to use one in a car anyway...... there is alot of people that do use them in their cars.... read the statistics once and c how many accidents each year is caused by talkin on a cell phone... u'll b surprised

12. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Now that is just crazy talk

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i agree, scientists did a study comparing drunk driving to driving while talking on the cell phone and guess what... its safer to drive DRUNK than to drive while on the phone. i say its a good law.

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I sure hope they pass that law in AR:big_smile:

15. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I totally agree, they should make the ban nationwide, as well as music being played so loud that you could never hear a horn honking or an emergency vehicle attempting to gain the right of way, JMHO:wink:

16. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    My wife was waiting for a red light to change and was rear ended by a young lady using a cell phone. Never hit her brakes. Totaled both cars, and laid my wife up for several months. Two years later and she is still having to take treatments for the pain. I have always had a cradle on the dash to hold my phone, plus a mike on the A-post, and a speaker on the firewall. All I have to do is pust the talk button and I am on the air. I only use it as needed, still takes some of your attention off the road.

17. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Hubby Gene has one of them Blue Tooth ear phones that he uses. He wouldnt have it any other way.

18. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well I Carry 2 Phones And I Agree With You All, I Don't Answer Or Do Any Texting While Driving.if I Get A Call I Send It To Voice Mail,heck That's Why I Pay For It.

19. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm with you on that! We have to remember that a vehicle can be a very dangerous weapon. A driver needs to concentrate on what he or she is doing at all times.