Cell Phone Saved the Day

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Vonroc, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    While bank fishing last night, I was able to help out a fellow fishermen.A guy pulled up to the boat ramp and backed his truck and boat down the ramp. After about 8 attemps he finally put his boat in the water. While removing his boat from the trailer his truck died. Several attemps to restart failed, he removed the air clearier and poured gas into the carburetor, BAD idea. A large fire then broke out under his hood. After we put out the fire , he tried to restart again by now the battery was dead. Now on the ramp is a boat, trailer and truck locking up the use of 1 ramp. After searching for 30 minutes he produced his AAA card , I called and got him a tow truck.The whole night wasn't a total loss even though he was unable to fish he watched me pull in a 6 pound and a 3 pound channel. All in all not a bad night.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Way to jump in and help put out the fire, calling AAA and let him watch you catch a couple of fish.

3. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    only a "catman" would be so generous. way to go bro!

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Good for u for helping someone out; sounds u had a nice night after all.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    While I cuss many times when that dang thing rings, I can only wonder how many lives have been saved around the country by the technology.

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good job, a rep for you. Later Andy

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Way to go helping someone out in need..My hats off to you my friend.

Say, did ya have time to tell him about the Boc????

8. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Good for you being the Good Samaritan! How many other people just went by or watched all this take place. You've given Cat fisherman a good name!
    Lisa

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Way to lend a helping hand and nice to be rewarded with a couple of fish huh...

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great job assisting a fisherman in need. I have a cell phone but I also don't like them. Too many people driving while talking on them, etc.

11. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Great job helping out. Im a paramedic and we do get a lot of 911 calls by cell phones.

12. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    If that guy had been trying to launch jet skis I'd have pushed his truck into the water.

Nah, I'm just kidding.

13. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Way To Help A Fellow Fisherman Out Brother!!

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I salute you for being there to help a fellow fisherman or boater out. I myself don't like phones .but I do have one.Myself that is what the cell phone was envented for .A time of need,not this nonsense talking non stop and some of them look like they are stuck in someones ear since it don't seem to ever leave it. rep point to you brother for being a good guy.oh yea congrads on catching the fish.:cool2: