Cell Phone Help

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by randallewis, Aug 19, 2007.

1. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Can the SIM card from a Nokia phone be installed in a Samsung phone? My Nokia is out of warranty and I do not want to renew a 2 yr contract. I'm thinking about buying a refurbished Samsung if I can swith the card.

2. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Randall:

I don't think the phone is yer problem bud, just the NETWORK you are contracted to. All phones are interchangeable to other networks. Nokia are normally pretty good phones, so my advice is stick with it. Get the phone UN-LOCKED & put whatever simcard you want into it........then phone customer services & ask them to change the number to yer OLD one. If they want yer custom, they'll do it!

Hope this helps.

3. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Thanks... I don't think I gave you enough info. My Nokia quit, I guess I left it on the dash of my truck to long. Cingular said I needed a new phone. I just didn't want to give them $49 and renew a 2 yr contract. I saw a buyers guide where Samsung was rated above Nokia that was the reason for the change.

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Randel, I had the same problem that you had and I bought a phone from the company outright, of course I paid more, but I didn't have to extend my contract.
    Mike is right, buy another phone and have them change it over to your old number. I have seen others do it so it can be done.
    Bill

5. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Thanks... I have about a 100 numbers stored on my simcard. That was the reason for changing. I wanted to keep the same card. I had a guy tell me that you could get another phone and change the card and Cingular would never know the difference. I just didn't know if a simcard was interchangeable between a Nokia and a Samsung.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Just a note. If you have a old phone that works and is just laying on a shelf you might give your local womans shelter a call and see if they take them. They are given to the women to carry so they can call 911 just in case.
    Bill