ceiling rod holder

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by badkarma, Dec 18, 2007.

1. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I don't have a lot of room to store my rods so I came up with a 2ft X 4ft ceiling rod rack.Made from ripped in half 1X4 and hendged from the top of the wall with an eye bolt at the top of wall and another in the ceiling to run 1/4in cord through and a small boat cleat on the wall.

Attached Files:

2. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    That looks to be a pretty good idea. I was trying to come up with something a while back to store them up in the rafters in the garage. Thought that I had it figured out but forgot about the door when its open, so I am still trying to come up with something.

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Good idea. I just lean them in the corner of the garage that is until I get the garaged cleaned out and organized.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A fellow BOC member showed me something like that the other day in his garage and I have to admitt it is coming soon to my garage,I have too much stuff and I need to utilize every inch I can.GOOD POST THANKS

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i usually just put them in the rafters in the shop, but then it is only 7ft high ceiling so it works. But that is a nice rod rack!!!

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Jim, I made myself 2 of them pretty similar to what you have. I used Plant hanger hooks that had been coated, and bent them to fit the rod that I designated for that particular slot. Catfish Kenny liked it when he saw it. I just hate the idea of my rods which I have begged borrowed and bought being stuffed in a corner. Reps to you. Later Andy

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice set up.

8. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Paul the rod rack is spaced about 2 1/2 in from the ceiling to have space for the rod handles.The rods are held on the rack by 2 1/2 deck screws that I coverd with clear 1/4 in hose.This may sound like I'm nuts but I let my 10 year old grandson rip up the 1x4 with a skill saw(he had never run one before) + he glued and screwed it togather and mounted it on the wall,heck he did all the work on it.

Will I live in a dw moble home with 7ft ceilings and I have one wall and part of another lined floor to ceiling with shelving and the closet cramed full of camping gear.

Andy that was my problem,I couldn't stand to see my rods bunched up in a corner.

9. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Very nice, I have quite a bit of room, and I usually just lean them against the boat, or put them in my homemade rod holder in the boat, but I like it!

10. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Here is my version of a roof rod holder. It is on the ceiling of my garage and I can still open my garage door with out touching my fishing rods. I used some scrap 1x4 peices of pine that I had lying around.

Attached Files: