cedercreek lake Stanford KY

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by bigwig531, Jul 19, 2009.

1. bigwig531

bigwig531 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Anyone fished this lake? it is rather new. just wondering if anyone caught anything of any size out of there. me and the girlfriend fished it once a week for about 6 months last year and couldnt catch anything but crappie, bluegill and a few catfish smaller then my pliers in the TB.

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I don't know of the lake but Welcome to the BOC.

3. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    fished the lake many times for bass. they put a lot of channel cats in it it has tons of cover in it every time i been their someone always cattin as far as size i don't know:wink:

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The cat on my avitar came from there . I have only fished it twice and did not fair well the second time . Mid lake ramp around the island is where it was caught on bluegill or cutbait I beleive . I caught 2 or 3 that night the other was about 14 in. if I remember correctly . Good luck from Richmond KY .

5. wowsafari

wowsafari New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I live a few miles from Cedar Creek. It's more known for it's bass fishin than anything. If a man wants to go catch a good mess of eaters (12 inch+), it can be done. I've seen a couple pics of 11-12 pound channels that were caught from there. Here is a link that will provide some great info for those who are interested. www.cedarcreeklakeonline.com

Good luck.

6. bigwig531

bigwig531 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    great post guys, i live about half hor from the lake and have never really have much luck up there. but im am a bank fisherman so that cuts the biggest part of the lake off for me as it is impossible to get to alot of really good looking sports on the bank.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Maybe try the south end of the lake . opposite end from dam.

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome Kevin to the BOC. Good luck with the fishing!

9. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    I've caught alot of small cats, fishing at night. The bream etc will drive you nutz til pretty late at night. Its too bad I'm about 30 miles away, or I'd be there all the time.

I know its off topic kinda, but people not picking their trash up on the banks really irks me.

10. bigwig531

bigwig531 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey fever. yeah it kills me to go up to a spot to fish that is public land and have to literally wade through the chicken liver bowls and beer cans. i always try to clean as much of it up as i can even if it isnt mine, just really gets on my nerves.

the blue gill and crappie are pretty bad about stealing bait during the day, i always get there around midnight and fish till sun up but only go maybe a handfull of times a year. been fishing lake liberty in casy county, there is some nice ones in there.

11. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    Is lake liberty the one you gotta have a membership with? If its the one I'm thinkin bout, its really nice looking. Does it have any place to fish off the banks?
    In regards to cedar creek, I always take a bag to put my trash in. However I wonder if the city or whoever would consider putting a few trash barrels around the bank? Thatd be very helpful too, and might curb some of the unwanted trash......

12. catman_mark

catman_mark New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fish ceder creek very often. The lake is really not that new just inlarged. the smaller lake has been there since the 70's. They placed blues and flatheads in the lake recently to help with the small crappie.they may be small but i beleave there is some very large channels ive cought some really nice cats there, just channels though. When i fish the lake im mostly fishing for crappie.

13. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    My avitar cat came from there . It has nice channels .

14. wowsafari

wowsafari New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey fishfever, Liberty lake permits are $10 per year. Good bank fishing too. It's a short stroll to get around to the dam but not bad. Great for a small jon boat or canoe.

15. catman_mark

catman_mark New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I tried to reply once didnt see it so here i go again.lol. I fish cedar creek very often the lake is a good channel cat lake.the best place to fish is under the bridge.They also stalked the lake with some flats and blues to help with the crappie population. If you need any more info just let me know.

16. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky

How long ago on the flats and blues ? I have a buddy that fishes with me when I go probably a couple times a year . The bridge at the back of the lake ? I put in at the center of the lake across from the island when I go.

17. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    thanks man, it looks really nice out there.... I've heard that it is really good fishing, and 10 bucks wouldnt be bad if I wasnt so far away. Its like I'm 30 miles from every good fishing hole out there....

18. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Wher do you live ?

19. catman_mark

catman_mark New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well lance they turned them loose last year, but ive been hearing alot of stories about people catching larger one's but ive never seen them. The lake has been around for awile it might be so. I dock my boat at the 150 dam.there is plenty of room for my pontoon there.

20. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Stories...My buddy Willie fished ponds that were flooded there and it's possible some residual fish had survived . Dought there where any blues in those ponds but there were a few flats in there probably .The channels have done nicely there .