Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody in this area have a use for any cedar? I'm up to my .... in it and am tire of spending the last 30 days cutting it up. (11 trees at this time) I have post size, smaller and larger, even up to 20 inch diameter. Please, somebody have a need for this stuff an come an get it. LOL

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I have some Walnut I'll let ya have Kutter? Put an add on Craigslist, someone will snap it up just because its free......

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Wood, Tree's. The type you see in alot of closets, or chest/trunk for quilts. Make Bat houses out of it. The stuff you smell in a cedar closet...... Great for wood working, furniture making, etc.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I'll come by and look at it Tom. I'm pretty sure well take the 20 inch stuff. Always can put that stuff to good use. I have a guy that cuts it up for us. I'll get in touch with you when I have a couple of days.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
I had about 1500 board feet sawn up last year. Sold all but 400 feet and got $1.50/ft. and thats pretty cheap for good material. Cuz has mucho dollarios, i would hose him Kutter.:smile2: jus kiddin Cuz, i know you pilots are paid weakly:wink:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Sure, now that I have crappy PINE decks in my boat you come off the cedar for free....:confused2::smile2:

Wish I was closer, I'd take some off your hands (or yard, as the case may be)

I'll call my old man, he's fairly close to you guys, does a lot of wood working, and there's a sawmill close to him where he takes some of his trees to get cut into lumber for his projects.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Nah, I'm DONE working on the boat for awhile:big_smile: I may let the ol' man know you have some available - he's always building something for somebody in the family (hope chests, cedar chests, etc) I still love the smell of cedar on bed linen. My grandma used to keep all the sheets and blankets in a cedar chest and that clean sheet/ceder smell reminds me of summer vacations from school at the grandparents'.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Walnut don't burn very good.. But if you mix it with the cedar it'd be pretty kool..
Can't burn it in the woodstove/fireplace, to dangerous on the flue buildup.
Damn town here won't let me burn it outside. I might save some of the small stuff for the fire pit on the deck, but then again, it sparks so bad when it burns that that might not be too smart. My neghbor has one of those old time homemade BBQ pits that is about 4 ft wide & 3 ft deep, made out of large rocks. He might let me borrow it and, ah, well, I just might burn a tad bit, that one hamburger patty I throw on the grill, and it might take a couple of days to get it cooked juuust right. City can't say anything about me BBQing!:wink::wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.