Cedar

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Kutter, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Does anybody in this area have a use for any cedar? I'm up to my .... in it and am tire of spending the last 30 days cutting it up. (11 trees at this time) I have post size, smaller and larger, even up to 20 inch diameter. Please, somebody have a need for this stuff an come an get it. LOL

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I have some Walnut I'll let ya have Kutter? Put an add on Craigslist, someone will snap it up just because its free......

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Walnut don't burn very good.. But if you mix it with the cedar it'd be pretty kool..

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont mean to sound stupid but what is it

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Wood, Tree's. The type you see in alot of closets, or chest/trunk for quilts. Make Bat houses out of it. The stuff you smell in a cedar closet...... Great for wood working, furniture making, etc.

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    So Kutter, buy you a grinder. Grind all the logs and buy you a bunch of hamsters. You can use the cedar for bedding. Problem solved

7. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    See there.... that's why they keep Bob around. He's brilliant!!

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'll come by and look at it Tom. I'm pretty sure well take the 20 inch stuff. Always can put that stuff to good use. I have a guy that cuts it up for us. I'll get in touch with you when I have a couple of days.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I had about 1500 board feet sawn up last year. Sold all but 400 feet and got $1.50/ft. and thats pretty cheap for good material. Cuz has mucho dollarios, i would hose him Kutter.:smile2: jus kiddin Cuz, i know you pilots are paid weakly:wink:

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Sure, now that I have crappy PINE decks in my boat you come off the cedar for free....:confused2::smile2:

Wish I was closer, I'd take some off your hands (or yard, as the case may be)

I'll call my old man, he's fairly close to you guys, does a lot of wood working, and there's a sawmill close to him where he takes some of his trees to get cut into lumber for his projects.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    How much ya need? Mine is 1'' thick, averages 8' in length and is dryed over a year. I'll be glad to bring ya some when i come up.

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I could use it for something.....but I have too much junk laying around already! If there was enough to build a few hundred feet of post and rail fence I'd snatch it up.:wink:

13. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nah, I'm DONE working on the boat for awhile:big_smile: I may let the ol' man know you have some available - he's always building something for somebody in the family (hope chests, cedar chests, etc) I still love the smell of cedar on bed linen. My grandma used to keep all the sheets and blankets in a cedar chest and that clean sheet/ceder smell reminds me of summer vacations from school at the grandparents'.

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Soon as i can figure out whats wrong with cam, i'll post pic of fence i built last year. I didn't split it, just rails but it turned out nice.

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC

You can never have too much "front-loaded material inventory levels for possible future capital project implementations" lying around:smile2:

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Naa, they get paid daily. Somethin about the bank not accepting checks over a certain amount.:wink:

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Can't burn it in the woodstove/fireplace, to dangerous on the flue buildup.
    Damn town here won't let me burn it outside. I might save some of the small stuff for the fire pit on the deck, but then again, it sparks so bad when it burns that that might not be too smart. My neghbor has one of those old time homemade BBQ pits that is about 4 ft wide & 3 ft deep, made out of large rocks. He might let me borrow it and, ah, well, I just might burn a tad bit, that one hamburger patty I throw on the grill, and it might take a couple of days to get it cooked juuust right. City can't say anything about me BBQing!:wink::wink:

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    By golly, I think you might be onto somethin there. Well, you did make one mistake. You accidentally said hamster, when we all know you meant Hogzilla:crazy:

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Brilliant??? Hmmm, ok, I'm game, what's the punchline?