Cedar Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Chris, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Does anyone know anything about Cedar Lake in Olathe? My wife and I just purchased a house down the road from Cedar lake this evening.

Thanks for the help

chris

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    At one time used to be full of blues and flats as this was the first Olathe Lake,however there is a bunch of little channels in it and there has to be some big boys let though I have yet to catch any over 3 pounds. I is neally shallow about 6 feet deep at deepest part Has a good shad population for a lake of its size. The South side is only open on fri,sat,sun because that is the side that is where the Men that like other Men go.

So be on the look out if you fish that side.

The other side all the way to the dam the is a dock and the little channels are around there use chicken liver, shrimp and you should have fun.

However the is a dock on the south side that if you cast way,way out the is a channel hole or something that you can get better fish I just have a hard time getting there because my bait falls off. Because if I use my normal cut blue gill there a turtle will hit it all most everytime.

Well there is my 2 cents worth

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've only been there once, that's where I lost my first cast net, lol.

4. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    I believe it's around 11ft deep down at the dam just north of the spillway area.
    I've fished the south side of the lake for a long time and never ran across any homos let alone groups of them. :lol:

5. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Is the lake only open on the weekends? My wife and I have been passed there a few times this week and its open during the week as well. Do you have to buy the johnson county fishing liscense as well?

6. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
  7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Id only try that creek area after some good rains. The lake closes I believe at 1030 PM. Id try down off that dock by the dam. I dont like fishing that lake because it closes right when they start biting. :angry:Shelby and I have thought of sneeking in there and pulling an all nighter, we just havent done it yet.

8. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    It's a wonderful to get shad, I myself have never fished it though.