CEDAR CREEK THIS AM

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Luke Clayton, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    I took my two 10 year old twin grandsons to Cedar Creek last night, spent the night there at Big Chief Landing, fished with our friend Jason Barber this morning. Used Magic Baits new STICK IT and wore the channel catfish out. The boys did well off the dock last night and we fished a shallow flat with Jason this morning that was about 3 feet deep. Stick It under the floaters was the ticket. The Boys have "Gramps" scheduled for a big Fourth of July fish fry!!

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Sounds like you and the grandsons had a great time out with Jason. We're heading out that way to fish with him next month for my brother's Bachlor Party. We rented a lake house for the weekend and planning on a big fish fry after our trip with Jason. Can't wait.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you guys had a real nice time. Congrats on the trip

4. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks! Jason Barber is a great guy and one heck of a fisherman. You know, he was a touring bass pro for a while but discovered he liked sticking close to home and family, guiding, better.
    Jason is just as adept at fising live shad for hybrid stripers as he is dunking punchbait for catfish. Bobby, you will have a great time with him. He knows CC as well as anyone I've ever fished with. Watch my newspaper column next week for the article with some good pics. GOOD FISHING! luke

5. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds like they had a great time. Heat up the grease and break out the cornmeal.:big_smile: