cedar creek 6-6

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by dudley-1, Jun 7, 2009.

1. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Hit cedar creek this evening about 8:30 till about midnight.Water was running over the dam. It was running over the "coffie"dam at the Tom Mangum bridge also.I had a friend there this morning and he said it ran over all morning.caught 5 blues and one channel,with mabey 6 lbs biggest but in that current they sure felt good.only a couple boats fishing from the island up but there were seven or so that was below the island on downward towards the big rocks/deep hole.I went down to just below the two houses . A lot of folks camping out at the landing.Bought bait at Joes,mostly what he has are bigger sized gizzards.

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Thanks for the report Sam!!

3. 1bluesman

1bluesman Member

State:
    South Carolina,
    is there anything to watch out for when i ride up there i want to take my 21' but dont want to tear my motor up thanks i have gps and depth finders thanks

4. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Bobby,you will be fine,especially now with the high water.I wouldnt get too close to the little Island that is in the middle of the dam between the powerhouses,that and the landing has a lot of rocks,with no dock to tie off to.As long as you stay away from the bank you should be fine.

5. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for the report Sam,nice to see ya getting back on those Cats.

6. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    where is joes bait at. I tore up another cast net at wateree today.

7. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Joe Varnadores/Joes Taxidermy/Bait is on hwy 97 just outside great falls giong towards the interstate.PM me if ya want his #.Most of what he had was bigger bait,get a couple baits from each shad saturday.If you come down 21 Jamie Williams also sells bait,he has closed his store on 21(jamieKs ) but sells from his house which is just down river road(I think its river road)Its the road that comes out at the beer joint on 21 and goes into #9 at hunters antiques.