Cedar Bluffs

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Who, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well in a little bit it will be morning, so good morning every one. New here but I have a question.
    Do any of you fish for cats at Cedar Bluffs? My in-laws live in Scott and Garden City. We have had the family reunion there for the past 4 years. They are big bass fishermen and I cant get them to fish for cats. The lake is great and I would love to try and fish for some big cats there.
    The other lake I love to fish is Norton. It does have great catfish there.
    Well the Coffee will be on in a few hrs. if anyone wants a cup.
    Thanks,
    Rick in Lubbock, Texas.

2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Rick, welcome to the BOC. I don't live to far from Cedar Bluffs, but have never fished there, mostly because I live 5 minutes from the boat ramp at Curtis Creek on Milford Lake:big_smile:. Lubbock's a little far to go for a cup of coffee, now if it was a frosty mug of beer that'd be a different story!:lol:
    I'm sure you'll enjoy visiting with us, the advice you receive should be very informative and bountiful.

3. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    Milford lake is over by Junction City isnt it? Thats a nice little drive to Cedar bluffs.
    The lake was low last year and they pumped water out of it this fall. I hope that with all the snow and rain that they got it will fill back up some.
    GREAT white bass, striped bass, some walleye and I have cought some cats while fishing for bass.
    The lake looks like a great place for cats and I would love to be able to get out and fish for them but everyone wants to fish for bass and its some of the best bass fishing that I have ever had. We go out about 6pm and fish till about 4am. Drifting up and down the dam. I was there 4 days and brought 3 ice chest of white bass, walleye, and striped bass back with me.
    I lived in Colby for 1 1/2 years, while I was in high school, and we would go to Norton. That is a Great catfish lake. I dont know how many big cats we lost due to hooks being straightened out, poles broke or reels striped out. We loved it. I think thats where I really got hooked on catfishing. Wish I still lived up there.
    I would like to hear from more of you around that area.
    Thanks again and nice to know you.
    Rick

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    WOW, three ice chest's full of fish, you folks must eat a LOT of fish?

5. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well lets see, it lasted 3 fish fries over 4 months, every last one gone:angry: