Cedar and Olathe Lakes

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tackleman, Oct 10, 2005.

1. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    Went to Cedar Lake yesterday caught several small channels 1 3lb and a 5lb. Anyone been fishing here or at Olathe and doing any good?

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I my self have not but have friends that do. both lakes have a good population of eater size cats. Used to live about 10min from both and fished them a lot fishing can be pretty good at both spots but I would say that lake olathe is a lil better, It has some good size flatheads as well. Olathe has a healthy shad population and have always faired pretty good using cut or live shad for bait. Hope this helps.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Olathe has been really slow for me lately , Cedar I dont usually get out there much cause they close the gates at like 10 pm , and Im mostly a night time fisherman. Ive been going out to Perry spillway lately, with not much luck there either.

4. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    Fished Cedar last night the fish were biting good on Danny Kings blood. We caught sevel in the 3-4 pound range. Any of you guys want to meet at Olathe or Cedar and fish one evening?