Ceaser's creek

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ravensmavsfan, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    Has anybody ever fished this lake?

I fished a couple weeks ago and caught 3 channels at 3, 6, 6, pounds.

And a small bluecat at 2 pounds.

THis lake is huge, i think its bigger than rocky fork and east fork.

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think I only fished it once. When I was around 12 or 13 years old. I caught a walleye, pretty big too. It's very deep. Around 100ft. around the dam.

3. Marshallmth

Marshallmth New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio Area
    I would love to go down there and see that lake. I ve heard lots of good things about it, mainly bass.

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    its a good lake except for the fact of all the boat traffic. It has so many boats the banks are mud from the waves

5. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I drove up there about 3 weeks back and looked it over. My wife had a bought a dresser in waynesville. It looked pretty good to me except I really couldn't find a place to bank fish. The parks and campgrounds were closed so I couldn't go down there and look. Banks looked real muddy. When I stopped in at the baithouse and asked a few people about the fishing, most of them wouldn't even talk to me, but finally a guy told me they were catching allot of crappie behind the spillway. He said during the year you could catch pretty much whatever you wanted. If however you fished in the morning or later toward the evening. He said there was a ton of boaters and jet skiers there during the day. I asked about cats and he said it was mostly at night. I think when it warms up a little I am gonna head down there and try the damn at night with some live shad (if I can find them) and some nightcrawlers and see how it goes. I like to camp and fish so I am gonna be trying that out to this summer.

Shenbitt

6. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
  7. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    I live in the northgate area and have just moved here from clarksville tnn and I would love the oppertunity to fish that lake.I have been on eastfork and caught some but cant tell you where I even caught them.Our friends at the church have fished there.
    catfishbill33

8. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bill,
    When it gets a little warmer all us Cincinnati member will have to get together to meet and do some fishing.

I live about 2 miles from Northgate :)

9. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Dave i would love that.I'll have to wait till I get my fishing liscense.and they will have to be out state.I'm not a resident yet.but after the 28th I'll be ready to catch a cat.

10. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Dave,
    I have some frozen skip jack and just wondering if they would be any good.I have had them for at least a year.We caught them In Tnn and I moved here and just brought them with me.
    ps: I live out toward harrison rd on springdale

11. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah I would definatly be up for meeting somewhere and doing some fishing. It's been a little to long for me.

12. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bill,
    We use frozen skipjack from TN all the time :) Friend of mine was out last week with Canepole and brought back a few and restocked his freezer.

We haven't had much luck lately, but he got some hits last time he was out.

13. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Dh said he caught that 75# Blue on frozen Skipjack but I could be wrong.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No, No, No..... That was a 75# Gizzard Shad not Skipjack. ;)

His Skipjack was 87#!!!!!! :)

15. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    I've hunted Ceasar quite a bit by the spillway on the south end of the lake. There's a creek that always seems to have water in it just above it to the east.

I didn't know the lake had bluecats. I've caught saugeye, crappie, and largemouth bass there before. The folks at B&B Carryout, on SR 73 on my way there, said that the crappie were biting on wax worms on the lake. I've not had an opportunity to test that yet. I'll let you all know when I do.

Spencer

16. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    unless someone stocked some blues in cc there shouldnt be any in there. no doubt was a blue channel.