CCC Member Cliff Compton has a good day

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by Mac-b, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Cliff Compton, CCC member, took his son and another boy, plus the other boys grandmother fishing today on LKN. Cliff was suppose to take them catfishing, but while cruising around looking at his sonar he spotted some fish at 20' in 25' of water. Net results at that spot was nine stirpers and six bass. They then started to where I had told him I caught my 23.9 pound blue earlier in the week and it was too windy to fish that area so they got up close to opposite shoreline and found some white perch and some more stripers. Net results from this location was over 30 perch (one weighed in at one pound) and three more stripers. After all this action he finally put out some catfish rigs and got four, all dinks he said. He did not start fishing until around 10:30 AM and quit at 4:30 PM. Not a bad outing in my opinion. Mac

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nov. 3, 2007, Cliff waited for it to warm up and got started around 10 AM and finished at 2:30 PM. He fished one of the feeder streams in Mtn. Creek and used white perch and bream for bait. His two largest (11 and 12 pounders) came off of a large white perch head (head from a one pound perch) and the rest came off of white perch strips on outside planer board. He stated that the big one just slammed it! Mac