CCC Fall Tournaments

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by mudkip, Jun 2, 2007.

1. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Wyliecat

Any idea about the fall catfishing series. Lakes? Dates? # of events?

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Lake Wylie for all of them!!! :lol:

Nah, just kidding! Not sure yet what we are doing. We will probably discuss that at the July meeting.

Here are some ideas to ponder:

1) What lakes (Norman, Wylie, Mt. Island??)
    2) Dates (Sept., Oct., Nov.??)
    3) Day or night
    4) Saturday or Sunday (some folks don't like to fish a tournament on Sunday)
    5) Entry fee
    6) Prizes to be awarded
    7) Points race for an overall series win, or just individual events
    8) If a points race, is it based on total weight or points awarded for each place
    9) Any chance for prize sponsorships

Toss out some ideas and suggestions and we can begin discussing them.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey you could do badin for a new member couldnt you? say night time in october:big_smile: alright maybe tillery too:lol: it gets lonely on the yadkin chain in october. so what do you say mr. president? i hope yal didnt give him veto powers.:lol:

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Make it five new members down there and I will make a motion at the meeting to schedule one. What do you say to that?:smile2:

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Way to go Mac! I like your style.

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Would this series be for members only, or could anyone fish them?

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Cary the club tournaments are members only. IF we could ever organize it I would love to have an open tournament as a charity event of some sort. Lots of planning and leg work to pull that off though, and I just don't think there is the interest at this point to organize something like that.

Catfishrus, I think it would be cool to have two events on the Catawba chain and the two on the Yadkin chain. Make the teams a combination of one guy from each river system. That way you have one guy that knows the particular chain better than the other and it saves on traveling the boat to the "foreign" river system. Of course that is asking a lot, but I can dream.

8. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hey, if you get a fall tourney on Badin in October, than you just let me know. Make it a night tournament and I want to be on Michael's boat or him on mine, b/c we would both be in the same spot anyway. Ain't that right Michael!? I think you know the hole I'm thinkin' of. sorry, I was just dreamin' for a second. On a serious note, I like the idea on one fisherman from each chain fishing together. That would be a good way to get more boats for all tournaments. Show each other a little something and get your confidence up. Hell, I like tecahing folks and watching them catch fish probably more than I do catching 'em myself.

9. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    To Rookie and Catfishrus I laid claim to that spot along time ago. I got a new secert weapon for tour fishing. I put two torpedoe tubes on my boat. My boat now looks like a PT boat. So if you see a PTboat coming your way I would get out of the way beore your boat becomes more bottom structure.

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i dont know what yal are talking about. if yal got a good spot i would like to see it. heck i been struggling at badin and tillery this year. i only caught 1 blue in three tournaments this year. i enjoyed all of them but i was just looking for some entertainment. heck i enjoyed the trash talk the most at tillery. i could do a little now but i will wait.:lol:

mac if you could bring some of that gander mountain sponsership money to the yadkin chain i think you will get more than 5. just a ideal. i dont have the time to round up folks but i would be willing to do what i can. i think if you come they will come too. i do have a question though. is there not many members on the yadkin chain? i cant attend all the meeting because of my work. i did enjoy listening at the last one though. i say do it before bambi season starts in nov. and it should help with numbers. im not a memeber yet so over look me if im out of line.:smile2:

11. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    By golly keep us posted on this! I might just show up at Badin! Not that anyone would have to worry about me winning....

12. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    How 'bout you guys coming to Wylie:lol:

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i can do that too in the fall but i rather try wateree:lol: hope yal dont mind me watching you though because i dont know crap about that lake but always a first and i know a little something about drifting that will get me by at wylie. i got a old padner down there that will team up with me.:wink: we ant skeared!....yet:lol:

14. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    You come to Wylie and we will come to Badin--again. :big_smile:

15. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    hey Robert, you did show me that hole, but it is a good one! And I might try to get down to Wateree sometime this year. That sounds like a cool lake to fish. Sounds a lot like Tillery up here.

16. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    I'd get in on it for sure, membership isn't a problem. Making the meetings is tougher since I'm over hour one way, but I can try. Mt. Island is one of my favorite lakes around wouldn't take any effort to get me to fish there. Wylie and Norman I'd be making donations at, although occasionally a blind squirrel finds a nut. So thats one more yadkin guy.

17. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dont forget about tillery too if it can happen. nccats should have two tournaments next year at tillery might give you a good time to see the lake and gets some practice in. i know some of you fish the nccats tour too. well i see a possible 4 new memebers already in whats posted. i believe 5 will be there for sure. how many does it take to get one of them gander mountain shirts too mac?:lol: yal work it out and make some flyers and i will be glad to get them out around my place.

18. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    you da man Michael! We can have some dandy tourneys this fall. It is a good time to fish both from the bite standpoint and less traffic on the lake.

19. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey , I'll join up and fish Tillery and Badin tournaments. I probably wouldn't be able to make many meetings if any due to my location. I don't know about Wylie, it might be possible.