CCC Fall Tournament Schedule

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Aug 13, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    In a monumental and historic move, beginning this fall, we will allow jugging in catfish tournaments put on by the Carolinas Catfish Club!

This year participants will be allowed to choose whether they fish with rod and reel or with jugs. Each team will be limited to ten rod and reels, or ten jugs, and you must decide before the tournament starts which method you will be using.

All other NCWRC rules apply.

To our knowledge this is the only tournament of its type anywhere in the country.

We have a few changes this year to the schedule as well, and we have added an event.

October 4th - Lake Hickory
    November 1 - Lake Wylie
    November 22 - Mt. Island
    December 13th - Badin Lake

A complete list of rules and entry fees will be posted in a few days.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I reckon I will come up and fish the Badin tournament that is the only 1 I am off for. :angry:

3. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Carolina Catfish Club 2008 Tournaments

4 October 2008 Lake Hickory Wittenburg Access

1 November 2008 Lake Wylie Buster Boyd Access

22 November 2008 Mt. Island Lake Mt. Island Access

13 December 2008 Badin Lake Alcoa Access

Rules
    -All NCWRC and SCDNR regulations apply
    -Two fish limit / fish must be alive / On Badin Lake only one fish over 32” will be allowed to be weighed
    -Launch at 7:00am and in line for weigh-in at 3:00pm
    -$20.00 entry fee per person
    -Fish must be caught on rod and reel, or on jugs, with a limit of one hook per device. There is a limit per boat of ten rod and reels, or ten jugs, and each member must announce before the tournament starts which device they will fish with.
    -All fish must be caught during tournament hours, on the tournament date, and on the lake fished
    -All fishing must be from a boat / no trailering allowed
    -All participants muse leave from the launch site by boat
    -Tournaments are open to all current CCC members, and dues can be paid at the event
    -A maximum of two people per boat, but a third person can fish if they are under 16 years old, over 65, or legally disabled.
    -Top two places split the pot 70/30

The overall series winner will be decided on points based on the place finished in each event.
    1st Place…10 Points
    2nd Place…8 Points
    3rd Place…6 Points
    4th Place…4 Points
    5th & below…2 Points
    Big Fish…2 Points

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey wyliecat is that a 1 fish per boat/team at badin over the 32" limit? Just want to make sure I got the right ideal here.

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    ONE FISH PER TEAM.

It would not be fair to make it per person since some folks could have three people in the boat and some may fish alone.

Don't be trying to cheat already!! You're gonna win it anyway!! :smile2:

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Naw Im sharpen up my jug hooks. Im gonna beat cobra at his own game.:smile2: Hes the only one I want to beat. If he comes in 20th place then 19th will work fine for me.:wink: I had hopes of sinking his boat with fish but might have to wait on that one since its a one fish limit basically at badin. Im like tomahawk here now though...dont know if I can dumb up enough to jug anymore. Just kidding juggers!!! I seen sunday money posted a big stringer of jugged blues in the alternative thread. He needs to get in on this and let all the bickering go. Either way I see its a good chance to meet the local juggers and have a good time. If they dont show up then they just scared! Really Im looking forward to a little trash talk. Not bickering but good ol trash talk. Wax on wax off kind of thing. Come on juggers ...I know you got in ya! :big_smile: Lets hear some trash talk get this show on the road!

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "....He needs to get in on this and let all the bickering go..."

He likes to stir the pot. He is the counter argument to me from the jugger side!! :smile2:

He is an old redneck like us, and I bet we would have a good time if we all hung out.

Maybe I can convince hime to come to the CCC picnic and bring us some fish to fry. It is on a Sunday, so he can't use the "I'm going deer hunting excuse". Oh wait, you can hunt private land in SC on Sunday!!!! :smile2:

8. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I might have to come down that way and fish a few of them tournys. Might be interesting.

9. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Wyliecat. Are there any places close by to stay at for the night at Wylie. Its about a 2 hour drive for me. Also, do you need licenses for both states or is it a reciprocal agreement. Thanks.

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    There are a few hotels within 10 minutes from the ramp. Carowinds is right up the road and there are a few there. As for the licenses, its best to have both fishing the lake, but we will be launching from Buster Boyd which is in SC so if you have only a NC license you will need a SC one. There is a Petro Express right at the ramp that sells them for SC. Im not sure what time in the morning they sell them. Wylie should be a good one with some good teams catching some good fish.

Hope to see you there...

11. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info. That will cut down on so much traveling time for me with fuel they way it is. I don't know what I was thinking about the license thing. I have n.c., s.c., ga. and tenn. fishing license. I guess my brain was asleep st the time:confused2:.