CCC cookout Oct. 28, 2007

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by Mac-b, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Don't forget the cookout on Oct. 28, 2007 (Sunday) from 1 to 5 PM, bring your family and/or special friend. We will have fried catfish filets, hot dogs and hamburgers with all the fixing. Bring a dish if you want too, deserts would be nice.

Direction by car:

From Charlotte, NC take Hwy. 16 North into Denver and turn right at the stop light onto Campground Road, which becomes Slanting Bridge Road in Catawba County. Turn right onto Keistler Store Road and go almost to the end and take a right onto Lucy Lane (go to end of lane).

From Mooresville area take Hwy. 150 East thru Terrell (stop light), at next stop light take a left onto Slanting Bridge Road and then take a left onto Keistler Store Road to Lucy Lane on the right.

The event will be held at the home of Capt. Gus Gustafson. If you get lost call Mac on his cell (704-641-4727) or Dieter at 704-813-3891.

If you have been thinking about joining the CCC, this would be a good time for you to come and meet everyone and enjoy yourself. Membership is $20 and it includes your family.

2. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    From Mooresville or I-77 take Hwy. 150 West, not East. Sorry!

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for posting that info Mac!!

Like Mac said, this is a good time to come by and check out the club and the folks that are in it, plus, you can get some food!!! Come by water or land....

I will not be able to attend Sunday. Both Saturday and Sunday I will be covering the Panthers for ESPN.

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Vice President Karl Emerson did a great job frying the catfish and crappie. Yours truly almost hit a home run with his hamburgers and hot dogs. Roundhill brought two trays of sweet potatoe casserole with cut pineapples spelling C C C and man was it great. Other members had baked beans, mashed potatoes, brownies, oatmeal raisen cookies and other treats. It appeared that everyone had a good time. Several of us had our wives with us. Group photo's will be attached.

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    More group photo's.

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Even more photo's

7. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    The Master himself in all his glory!

PS, in case you'll don't know who this is, it is little Ronnie Howard (roundhill).

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    AWESOME GUYS AND GALS!!

Man, I really wish I could have made it, but I had to earn some momey to pay for the boat so I worked this weekend. :angry:

It appears you guys did an awesome job and looks like you had a great time!! :smile2:

9. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    Looks like you folks had a great time!!

Unfortunately for me I had to get ready for three jobs between now and Thanksgiving. So I had a wonderful weekent stuck in the office:crazy:. Once I get to the 15th of the month, I hope I can get back on the water.

Sorry I had to miss the event!

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Sorry I couldnt make it. The kids had a bad night and a early morning, so we couldnt skip nap time. It sounds like it was a good time. See you guys at the Wylie tournament.

11. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice job guys and gals. Sorry I could not make it. With my boys playing sports there is just not enough daylight to go around. Maybe next time. See you at the next tournament.