CC Steamplant for skips

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TNVOLCAT, Jan 29, 2009.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Heading over to Cumb. City for fresh skips Thursday morning for the Fish and Camp next weekend. If anybody else is there I'll be in a pewter GMC crew cab.

Later,
    TNVOLCAT

2. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    How did you do? Thought about running down that way if they are running...

3. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    went from 6 am til 8 am i didnt see anyone catch anything the water was way up and muddy.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Uh oh,
    John, I hope that's not a sign that the grim reaper has an eye on our upcoming weekend:sad2:...W

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John, I got there at 10:30, made about a dozen casts and knew I was wasting my time. Water level was above the sidewalk by 5 or 6 ft. Like you said, the river was UP and muddy w/ lots of floating objects. The river has a week to straighten out, no more rain!

I drove over to the ramp, one boat out, I believe they were with a barge crew. I drove over to Grices Creek, water up so high, I don't believe a boat could get under the train tressel. Oh well, I did manage to go over to Erin and get my room reserved for the Fish and Camp!

6. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do you all believe a guy could catch some Skippy's At the Power Plant this weekend with the temps being so warm!

7. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    they are in there good now.

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Matt, I was down there the first week of December catching skips like crazy in short sleeves. I don't think a few days of warm weather will hurt things too much by itself.

9. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John, thats good to hear. I might drive over there Wed. while my kids are at preschool and try to get some.

How was the water. Level, color, etc?

10. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri

Thats what I like to here. I will be on my way down thursday night! Thanks for the info

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    John,
    I am making it your personal responsibility to keep them there until after this coming weekend. I know you can do it. Thank you sir...W

12. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    Extended forecast thinks its gonna be real nice by the weekend.Middle fifties to sixties with small percent rain I believe Sat.Water should be pretty right by then too.

13. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    I was there yesterday (2/02/09) with two of my fishing buddys. We caught about 100 in 6hrs.... the water was very muddy. We were fishing from the bank (didn't want to haul the boat 4hrs), but could see them in the river busting on the thredfins in huge numbers. If we had a boat with us we could have filled it in no time.

14. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    We will be hauling a boat down with us, so I think we will have it all covered.

15. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    Are the Skippies still in the steam plant good? We are leaving tonight to head down. Just wanted to check and see!

16. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    was just over and caught a cooler full. metal man and biga caught a cooler full and went fishing.

17. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri

Good to here....thanks for the report!

18. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cool, glad to hear there's plenty of bait to go around! See yall in the morning.

19. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    We are coming from Missouri early Sat. morning. Does anyone know what time that bait store opens?

20. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    i think they open at 6 am