CB Radio in your vehicle

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by TOPS, Oct 31, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    With the use of cell phones, I was just wondering how many members still have a CB radio in their truck! The one in my truck have same me many times when I was lost in a new town. I dust mine off at times and listen to the truckers, I get a kick out of their lingo.

The second Part is if you do have a CB what brand name is it. I have a cobra with the weather bands in it.

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i've got a RCI 2950 side band that i switched a diode around and it's now a AM radio. tweaked out to 30 watts. i use it on trips as my cheapie boost cell doesn't pick up in a lot of places, and i to like to talk to truckers.
    but i have to be careful around town talking as cars next to me hear me on their car radios. :big_smile_2:
    gary

3. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    got one in my 4runner, not sure what brand it is, my dad modified it years ago for side band, sill works great just kinda big. use it mostly on the trail.

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I still have a Cobra mobile unit in my truck. Like you said, it's nice to hit channel 9 when I am in a traffic jam or something. Mine has the NOAH weather channels as well.

5. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mines so old it only has 23 channels:eek:oooh:

An early 70's Midland SSB.

6. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    dademoss.. I will see your 23 channels and throwin a tuneable recieve side.

Crystal controlled Transmit 1-23, but only one (chan 9) listener..

Demco Travaler.
    Cool perferated Metal housing and large sweep dials with a VU meter in the Middle..
    Gonna be 45 years old this Christmas.. Still does it..
    Thanks for the memory Jog.

7. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    4x4 has a Midland and S-10 has a Corbra 19.

8. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
  9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i got rid of my cobra when i quit dog hunting deer. that was basically the only thing we ever used it for.

10. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I finally just took mine out.. its hard to ride with kids in the truck and listen to all the foul mouth language that comes spewing out..specially those girls who come on and advertise 2 for 1 lap dances all the dang time..:angry:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I got a Voyage brand converted ham to cb in my weldin rig,has upper and lowers as well as weatherband and its frequency tunable too ,got it from my father in law when I was truckin . nice radio ,its also got a 250 watt kicker should I ever decide to power it up.

12. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Been looking to put one in my truck with a PA system to voice my opinon, out loud, to the ones who feel it safe to pull out in front of 32000# of truck and trailer:roll_eyes:

13. br7874884

br7874884 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i dont use any amymore but i still have a connex, galaxy i think its an 88 mirage or something like that a ranger 2950. galaxy saturn turbo base unit. and a set of eagles. got it all for almost nothing now i guess im collecting them

14. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    I got 2 cobras in my suburban one for me up front and one in the rear for the passangers to play on. I mainly got it for the PA so I could get the people in the parking lot at Arrowhead ralled up before the home Chiefs games!

15. Houdini

Houdini New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Still use the old reliable 29 ltd classic- linked to a Wilson 1000 and a Texas Star 667 linear.This Baby is LOUD, opens + closes garage doors, sound goes through T.V's , wireless phones. When I key up everybody listens..

16. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats the truth I have a Cobra 148 gtl with the side band.Hardly turn it on unless in bad traffic or in a speedtrap area.

17. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yep Sarge, still got one. Uniden PC76xl. I dont use it very often, but every once in a while,,,when nobodies lookin,,,I'll turn it on and key it up,,,"Pig Pen, this is the Rubber Duck, were about to put the hammer down!!!" :smile2: "What dear? No I wasnt talkin on this old thang, just checkin the standin wave to make sure I can still transmit,,, you know,,,in case of an emergency." :wink:

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am unable to drive for long distances due to a back injury. The wife must drive me to my gathering [thanks for her] but she has a lead foot:roll_eyes:. I have CB's and a radar detector in my truck, and still I get very nervous, when she drives.

19. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Break Break, this is KBC 2303, The"Old Porkypine" mobile out of northern Maine, anyone got a copy???
    memories !!!
    Don't have one now but my first one was a knight kit sold by Radio Shack. Vibrator power supply and had about 8 tubes in it. At night when you keyed the mike it would cause the cars lights to dim...:eek:oooh: