Caverun???

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by rogers7, Jan 7, 2009.

1. rogers7

rogers7 Member

State:
    Stanton, KY
    Was wondering if anyone has had much luck on Caverun???? Have caught alot of channels around the dam, and caught a few smaller Fltheads up around caney creek area in front of the "stump fields." Saw a 50+ flat come out of the poppin rock area. The fish was scarred up real bad and light in color (not healthy looking at all). Wondering if anyone else has any info about areas on Cave run?????

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Plan on making a trip around memorial day . Do you fish there much may need some imput on that lake myself . Have fished it a few times for other species and trout in tailwaters . Ever try any of the back water/ponds on other side of I think it is rt. 801 ?

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Chris Welcome to the BOC.
    It has been years since I have fished Cave Run. Planning on fishing it some this year. The last time I fished it a guy at one of the bait shops said the North fork was the best catfishing.

4. rogers7

rogers7 Member

State:
    Stanton, KY
    I have read many articles on it and bounced around in my canoe outfitted with a trolling motor, and rather if'y Fishin Buddy depth finder, but haven't found the big ones.....all my buddies Musky fish and say there aren't any catfish...lol....

I finally got a real boat and a good sonar unit. Plan on hitting it about every other weekend when the temps get up... will spend the other time on the KY river.

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Chris
    Maybe we can get together some time. I haven't fish Cave Run in years but was making plans to this year.

6. rogers7

rogers7 Member

State:
    Stanton, KY
    That sounds good. Me and my wife are itching to get out and fish. The lake is only about 50 miles for me. I got a cousin in Frenchberg that fishes it all the time and suppose to scout spots for me. There is a guy here in Powell that does Musky guides (Think his daughter caught the new state record actually), hopefully he can give me some info.

As far as fishing in the North Fork, there use to be a good camping spot up by Yokum Point, only reachable by boat. That area use to have tons of cover.....might check it out again soon.

Yep can't wait to hit the water....

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Dying to get out after some flatties. I was working last spring and didn't get to fish much. It's going to be a different story this year.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Never fished there, but welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people. We look forward to hearing about your fishing adventures