Cave Run Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bnt55, Aug 10, 2008.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Anyone have any tips about where and how in Cave Run Lake? I am planning on fishing this evening and Monday Morning, I have frozen shad for bait not sure where to castnet baitfish on the lake.

Thanks
    Bill

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    have never been there, good luck and give us a good report

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Haven't fished Cave Run Lake in about 20 odd years. The last time I fished it the North Fk. of the Licking. Hooked in to 1 that made a 5/0 Eagle Claw hook look like a tooth pick. Was using 4 or 5" gills for bait some alive some fillets.:wink: we caught some nice fish though. 3 or 4 flats 8 to 12 mostly channels though.Biggest was about 20# channel.:smile2:

4. CatMaster3

CatMaster3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Never fished it. Good luck to ya... Never fished for musky before but i would like to go up there and try sometime.

5. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Well all I can say is that the lake was very nice and the water was warm. That's it. No fish, not a bite. I fished towards the river end then tried a couple more spots back to the ramp...nada...nothing. I don't think I will ever get the hang of this lake.

Bill

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Thanks for the report:wink: Hate it ya didn't catch any fish :sad2: Cave Run is a big lake it would take several trips to figure it out even if then. I'd like to get back up there . It's about an hours drive for me but I have 2 good lakes within 30 min. of home And a good river.