Cave run lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman_mark, Sep 11, 2009.

1. catman_mark

catman_mark New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fish for crappie often in the lake but having a hard time finding catfish. Any help would be helpfull thanks

2. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I have heard that further up the river is where you need to go. Not sure where exactly...let us know if you find them!

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I have heard the North Fork of the Licking holds some good cats. That thePoppin Rock area on 519 between West liberty and Morehead.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome aboard to the BOC Mark. Good luck fishing!

5. catman_mark

catman_mark New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thanks guys.. I seen a few large cats come to the top of the water while crappie fishing this weekend but as usual didnt catch any cats.

6. catman_mark

catman_mark New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Licking river is producing some cats right now,also the points on bever creek. Im not sure of popping rock. I heard leather wood is a great place to go but ive not tried it yet.

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Mark !!!
    Thanks for the report. It the time of year the cat should start or be feeding up for winter everywhere in our area.
    kycatman01 lives right at Caverun you might want to shoot him a PM. He can probably give you an update report on Leatherwood and Caverun in general.

8. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Howdy Mark, welcome to the BOC...tight lines

9. catman_mark

catman_mark New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks for the welcome ammo, and thanks for the info ken. I think your right ken there really hitting better right now. cave run is alittle slower for me right now but still catching some nice cats. Im catching alot of channels in some local lakes. Cedar creek is hot right now, so im kinda staying around there. If you like cats for the table cedar creek is were to be..