Caution flags

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by bsu_catfisher, Feb 19, 2007.

1. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I am sick of NASCAR throwing the caution flag for every little tiny piece of "debris." Half of the time it could be a little tiny hunk of rubber and they throw a caution. Unlike the finish of the race yesterday when they didn't throw the caution as half of the field was wrecking behind mark and kevin.

What do you guys think about NASCAR's use of caution flags?

2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Well, the rules are written in pencil, they through cautions to help certain drivers it seems, and they cant produce a rule book. jmo

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I personally feel that the cautions are a judgement for saftey. We are not privy to the same information, nor can we see things the way the Nascar officals see them durring a race. Therefore, I can't say when a caution is justified or not.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    NASCAR's use of the yellow flag to bunch up the field is well known.
    However, they also have to err on the side of caution as cutting a tire at 200mph is no fun at all.
    Not throwing the yellow yesterday at the end of the race was a good call. The wrecking cars were behind the guys battling for the win and they were on the last lap so the wreck had no effect on the result...W

5. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I understand that many times there is junk on the truck that they don't know what it is, and there is alot of stuff that could cause cut tires and such. My problem is sometimes what they call a caution for is not a major deal at all....I have seen them call a caution for a spring rubber. A spring rubber most likely isn't going to cause a problem..especially when it is at the top of the track. That's when I think they are getting carried away.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    keep in mind they dont want the debris shooting into the grandstands and injuring fans also. As for the end of the race, nobody wants to see a race finish under caution, but Nascar failed to throw a yellow flag when normally they would have. JMO

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A pencil eraser wouldnt hurt if I threw it, but a 190MPH pencil eraser would take out a radiator or worse yet, a fan's eye.

That spring rubber up high in the turn might not be a problem until its your man that needs that real estate to chase his car.

NASCAR is like alot of other sports where every call is not perfectly officiated and no call is going to satisfy every fan much less every driver or team owner.
    You either deal with it like football and basketball fans do or you start tearing race tracks downs bleacher by bleacher or better yet stop supporting NASCAR. CUT THE TV OFF.
    I have quit watching the majority of this crap they call racing and am definately a nicer person for it.:big_smile:
    I pulled for Mark yesterday and my sentiments to Mark are, if you dont like it. Quit racing.
    Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything here.

8. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    agreed mark and the idiot were in the clear about to end the race but what about tje drivers that were behind all the acton still racing for a better postion would of been bad sceen if one them had crashed into the spinnig cars up front and been killed or is that what all you harvick vans want to see. i think its called win at all cost regardless of anybody elses well being

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bet the yellow would have been thrown if Jr., Gordon or Stewart was in Martins place. How many times during the race did they leave the leader to keep up with them. They sure get plenty of TV time. I know they have a lot of fans but winning the race is what it is all about. I wonder how many guys backed off that were behind the crash and then found that the caution was not thrown. Once you let off your passed by somebody.

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Wish nascar would get thier ---- together! If you make a rule maybe you should stick with it. But it was Mark not gordon, stewert etc.
    Bill