Caughtafew

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by TONTO, May 19, 2008.

1. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Big muddy came down thursday to fish with jeselder and I, the weather was absolutely terrible and the water temperature had dropped another two degrees. Cold and rainy, Shane did not have any rain pants. I put up the bimini top but that does not help too much when your running down river. Shane was soaked but seemed not to bother him. Shane had a big flathead (judging by the way he hit) at the second hole we fished, but as luck would have it the fish got away. We only caught three fish a channel and two flatheads. The one Shane caught was his PB and weighed 17 lbs. on my scale. All in all it was a good day even in the cold and rain, what the heck we were fishing. The next day tkeyhunter and I went, we got to fish a couple of hours in the morning. We only had one bite and BethAnn ended up with her new blue PB. I did not weigh it, but guessed it at 20 to 21 lbs. We are going to camp and fish this weekend, so I will post again next week. Hope you all have good luck fishing.
    :smile2:

2. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like you guy's are just starting to get into them good again Tonto...Maybe after the Gathering we can get together and fish...I would love to fish with you one more time before I bring my boat down just to get a little more familiar with the river and where to load and unload the boat...

Tell Bethann we said hello and congrats on her new PB:wink:

3. jeselder

jeselder New Member

State:
    illinois
    i'm tellin yea i'm going to get the world record this weekend.lol still havn't got and gills yet, try and get a buch tom.

4. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good Luck Jess
    I would love to see that...

5. jeselder

jeselder New Member

State:
    illinois
    lol. i wouldnt know what to do with her if i did. i just want to be on the water, this weekend can't come fast enough

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    oh yeah we had a great time out there. the rain and being wet didnt bother me till the ride home.:tounge_out:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glad you had a good trip. You were giving Shane some good weather military training. He is tuff. Congrats to Beethann and Shane on new PBs.

8. jeselder

jeselder New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea the ride home was rough, but at least we caught fish

9. Bigen

Bigen New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree about the weekend not coming fast enough. Sounds like the trip was a little wet but like I say a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work or anything for that matter. Good luck to all this weekend and have fun camping tonto.