Caught Twice

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by bobby-catfishing, Mar 4, 2008.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Is it possible to catch the same fish twice without releasing it the first time? Take a look at this picture from Saturday's trip. We were fishing about 40 feet deep with Danny King's punch bait with several rods in rod holders and we were holding some of the rods as well. One of the guys felt a bite and set the hook on a fish. The rod next to him in a holder got a bite as soon as he set the hook. Someone else grabbed that rod and began reeling the fish up. As soon as it came up we noticed that they actually caught the same fish. This channel cat must have ate the bait on the rod in the holder and went undetected. Then it hit the adjacent rod and wasn't so lucky. I've never seen this before.

Attached Files:

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Never seen anything quite like this. the fish must of been real hungry!!:0a23:

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I agree never seen that happen sure would have been neat to be there to see it.

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Must have been a "Democrat cat".....LOL :wink: Bayrunner Ray

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Interesting!!!!!!

6. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    WOW he must have been hungry!

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Greedy cat paid the price! Now, if I could only find one so greedy out here!

8. Rhinocat

Rhinocat New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    that cat was hungry!!!!

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Bobby, I had the same thing to happen to two BOC brothers and myself while we were out fun fishing. We did not notice the first bite due to smack talking, but the second one got our attention. Ended up with one cat and two hooks and two rigs involved.

10. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Ive seen it before. Not in real life but on the TV. I was watchingn Shaw Grisby and one of the guys that helps to create the catfish baits Strike King makes. They were using strike king dyanamite dip bait and were fishing a hole when shaw got a bite a the guy he was with also got a hit. After they both set the hook and got the fish in the boat, it turn out that the catfish had swallowed both dip worms. That bait must have been good. The fish was about 4-5 pounds. They ended up cutting the line and releasing it hoping it would live.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Interesting. Never seen that before. Thanks for sharing.

12. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

i never seen a catfish do that but when me and my father were fishing, we were using bobbers with shiners and both bobbers went down almost the same time and it was a pickerel.

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Yes, I have seen that happen, but only twice. It can easily happen when drifting or trolling as LakeNormanBlues stated.

14. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I've never seen such a thing, but I'd love to! And hats off to the catfish, he was one hungry fella!

15. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Never have seen that. Thanks for the pic.

16. adam2

adam2 New Member

State:
    ky
    I have caught a bass that was the only fish on a metal clip stringer. He was very skinny and happy I let him loose.

17. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i've caught the same catfish on two poles at the same time. :big_smile:
    gary

18. etrevino050

etrevino050 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Never seen that before, but thats pretty cool thanks for sharing.:big_smile:

19. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I often have one cat on two jugs and have had them on three jugs.

20. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    When fishing saltwater for Dolphin (fish) they very often will take two baits. Biggest I've had was a 22 pound bull that knocked down an outrigger bait, then hit the flatline on the same side about 2 seconds later. Those fish are FAST !!!