Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to catch the same fish twice without releasing it the first time? Take a look at this picture from Saturday's trip. We were fishing about 40 feet deep with Danny King's punch bait with several rods in rod holders and we were holding some of the rods as well. One of the guys felt a bite and set the hook on a fish. The rod next to him in a holder got a bite as soon as he set the hook. Someone else grabbed that rod and began reeling the fish up. As soon as it came up we noticed that they actually caught the same fish. This channel cat must have ate the bait on the rod in the holder and went undetected. Then it hit the adjacent rod and wasn't so lucky. I've never seen this before.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,900 Posts
Bobby, I had the same thing to happen to two BOC brothers and myself while we were out fun fishing. We did not notice the first bite due to smack talking, but the second one got our attention. Ended up with one cat and two hooks and two rigs involved.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ive seen it before. Not in real life but on the TV. I was watchingn Shaw Grisby and one of the guys that helps to create the catfish baits Strike King makes. They were using strike king dyanamite dip bait and were fishing a hole when shaw got a bite a the guy he was with also got a hit. After they both set the hook and got the fish in the boat, it turn out that the catfish had swallowed both dip worms. That bait must have been good. The fish was about 4-5 pounds. They ended up cutting the line and releasing it hoping it would live.

G

·
i never seen a catfish do that but when me and my father were fishing, we were using bobbers with shiners and both bobbers went down almost the same time and it was a pickerel.

·
Registered
609 Posts
When fishing saltwater for Dolphin (fish) they very often will take two baits. Biggest I've had was a 22 pound bull that knocked down an outrigger bait, then hit the flatline on the same side about 2 seconds later. Those fish are FAST !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.