caught some channel cat last night

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by River_monster91, Jun 15, 2008.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well me and my uncle went and pulled an all nighter on the arkansas river again. we ended up taking a dozen gills for bait and 2 dozen worms and caught a couple toads at the river. anyway i got one limbline out and its the only one we used all night and within the first hour we were there 2 fish had gotten off. we had it set about 5yds from where we were fishing and had dead gill on it for bait. 2 times a fish came into the 10-12'' water that it was set in and missed the hook both times so i threw it out further and never even got another bite. anyway back to the fish catchin. we ran out of gills and my uncle managed 1 channel cat around a pound. we stayed up till about 4 or 4:30 in the morning and decided to go seine a spot and catch some fresh live bait. well i left my poles out there with a toad and a cut bait perch on the hook and ancored them down so we could go catch some fresher bait. we went and seined the hole in the river 3 or 4 times and came out with about 75-100 minnows, bait for the hole night right? anyway we went back with our fresh bait and ill be darned if my cut bait pole wasent doubled over. reeled it in and it was tangled with my other line but still held a very nice 6lb channel cat. got to untangling it from my pole baited with from and the line gets ripped from my hand, and im thinking what in the world is going on here? so i leave the tangled mess and bring in the other line by hand and what do you know another 5 lb channel cat!! anyway we got the 2 fish unhooked and on the stringer with the smaller channel cat my uncle had caught and fished till daybreak with the minnows and didnt even have so much as a bite. we still ended up with some decent fish for a trip we pulled together in an hour. all in all it was a very nice night and the river dropped maybe 4 inches where we were fishing at. i had a good time and we got some decent fish to fry up so i guess it didnt turn out all that bad.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Sounds like a great night.Weather wise it would of been a great night to be out fishing.

Thanks for thr report.

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    hell wish i could have been out there i had to tottoo till 4am and boy i just woke up and am tired

4. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    wish i coulda been out on the river last night

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Good job Donnie. Take some pics. :big_smile:

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sounds like a good nite on the river donnie.congrats.

7. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    we were going to take some pics but we were to tired and the bugs were really bad. ill try getting some next outing.

8. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    you all are welcome to come fish with me anytime you want. just shoot me a pm and ill give ya my phone number. id be glad to fish with any of yall