Caught My First Winter Catfish!!!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Raven Blayde, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Last summer, I caught a few small Bullheads in my minnow trap. For laughs, I put 2 of them (about 2 inches long) in my fish tank. They seemed to get along fine with the Goldfish I had. Naturally, they've grown quite a bit since last summer(about 6-8 inches). While I was taking a nap, the largest of the two ate the smaller Bullhead and one of my Goldfish. So, I caught him and gave him a free ride down the toilet roller coaster. I can now say I've caught my first winter catfish!! lol..... Sorry guys, I have a serious case of "Cabin Fever", I wanna go fishing and there isn't much going on here at the board. I just HAD to post something today.

2. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    you should have put a sting on a toothpick and fished for them in the baittank!!

3. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky

I used a piece of thread with a bluegill hook and a small piece of cheese. :) Yeah, now that the temps have been above freezing for a few days, the fever is getting worse and I'm dying to get back out on the river. Even when I didn't catch fish, I just enjoyed being out there relaxing. Hopefully, these next few months will go by quickly and I can get back out there.

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Had me going LOL ! Shoulda noodled him out then had a couple nuggets !