Caught my first Blue cat

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Wac M Trac M, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Drove up to Marble Falls Tuesday and fished with Byron in his back yard. It's a beautiful place up there. Saw lots of wildlife on the drive in. We went out and netted bait right there near his yard. With a bucket full of shad and a few perch we were off. As I paddled us out, Byron was callin out spots we could hit. It all looked good to me. We finally settled on a nice sandy bar. We had a deep channel in front of us and a shallow flat on our right. We got all set up and it took a while us to catch the first fish. Then they were kinda hot for a while there. There were shad everywhere. The fish were feeding real slow that night, lots of little bumps. Byron seemed fustrated a bit cause they usually just take it and go. I still had a blast. I switched to DKs on a treble on the bottom and started pulling a few small channels up. I was getting used to the little bites when I finally got a real good pull. The fish took it and was swimming with it. I hit him and my drag buzzed for the first time that night. He wasn't huge but it was my first blue cat. We had some big baits out for big fish and we sat and talked about fishing while. We got some real nice hits on the big rods but missed em. I had a whole perch get taken and just plain messed up. Then the action slowed down so we headed out.

It was a good time. THANKS BYRON.

2. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Way to go there Frank, congrats on your first blue. Will be going this fall with Cliff Hill and my son to see if we can get some blues too.

Tight lines freind,
    Rubes

3. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Outstanding :) Sounds like yall had a wonderful time. Congratulations!

4. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Congrats on the first blue!

5. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Congrats on the first Blue!!! May there be many more to come as well as larger ones!!:eek:oooh::smile2::eek:oooh::smile2:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the blue and good luck fishing

7. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Great job Frank I'm glad you had a good time.I hope your next trip you catch a bunch of big blues.

8. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Sounds like a blast.