Caught My Biggest Fish Ever!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by FATFLATTIE, Jul 7, 2008.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    A buddy of mine Jason finally got me out in the saltwater for some shark fishing from the beach. I'm glad I went. For all intensive purposes it is nothing more than catfishing from the beach. Set out two rods with big pieces of cut stingray or whole ones depending on the size. Jason paddles them out on his kayak and drops them a couple hundred yards. When the one I caught first hit it jumped probably 10 times! It was nuts. After that it came in pretty easy until he got to the breakers and then he jumped again and stripped a little more line and fought pretty hard until he got too shallow to fight anymore. It was probably the best fight I've ever had. I'll likely be going a little more than once a year:wink:

Attached Files:

2. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice shark. Now just remember what's out there the next time you want to go swimming out there LOL!:wink:

3. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Congrads on your PB shark!! Man I would love to do that!! I surf fish all the time but never for shark. Damn that looks fun!!:big_smile::wink:

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    it sounded fun i have cought one when i was a teenager but half the size that you have they are good eating also :wink:

5. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    nice shark , great pic sounded like a lot of fun thanx's for share'n .

6. expired

expired New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats on catching the big one. Where did you guys get the bait ?

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great time who much did the sharks weigh

8. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    That is awesome!!!!:big_smile: I have never shark fished either but have been on the pier many times and have seen some really biguns :crazy: swimming by the pier.I started staying out of the water too :smile2:. Congrats on the shark Flat! Were you guys down here in Wilmington (Wrightsville,Carolina beach) or did ya go down to Topsail?

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Can we call it a BLUE ??? LOL :smile2: Congrats on your catch !!! :cool2:

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    We were at Carolina Beach. Also, to answer another question we get our bait from the commercial fishermen at the fish house. They just give Jason any stingrays that they get ahold of.

11. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Congrats on that nice size shark. I haven't caught any that big. We caught a bunch earlier in the year but not that size. How much do you think he weighed?

12. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice Blacktip there Wes. They are quite the acrobats arent they. I do love catching them myself everyyear. They are always right behind the Menhadden when the come inshore and are a BLAST to catch.

13. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Cool! I haven't fished carolina beach in a long time.I mainly fish down at Topsail .Again,that is one nice shark ya got :big_smile:.Glad ya'll had a good time.

14. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Nice catch congratulations, and also congratulations to Jason for paddling out in that tiny boat to hand feed the sharks LMAO
    :big_smile::big_smile:

15. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    Congrats on the shark Wes,she's a bute!!

16. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I bet that put up one hell of fight!!!! Nice fish Wes!! Nice Fish Indeed